In case you wondered...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

emmabeth

In case you wondered...

Post by emmabeth »

I am still here, just about - visiting my dad (for part 1 of house moving) for a few days and his internet connection is slower than dial up at the moment, so I am really struggling to get on here or post.

I am stillllllllll watching you all! So be good :)
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Suzette

Re: In case you wondered...

Post by Suzette »

I did notice you weren't posting, and I wondered if it had something to do with your moving. :D

I hope that all goes well and you're soon happily settled in your new home. :D :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

'Tis an auspicious date for new beginnings. I hope this will be a good one for all of you :)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Hoping your move will go smoothly and safely, as I remember the last time you visited your father and sister, you got into a little bit of an accident (someone rear-ended your car and pushed it into the car in front of yours), Ems! :shock: By the way, I think we want to hear all about it and see pictures. :)
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I might cobble together some video... hehehe, though Im not sure how much ill manage as I forgot the cable for my iPod so limited battery use.

This net connection is SO frustrating, things just hang and never load, or they DO load but i dont realise they have (my previous post was still looking like it hadn't sent when i got up at 11am, but actually it had!).

Ill go and show you what my dads house looks like shall i?? You'll have to wait until tomorrow for me to upload it though! :)
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

From what you've been saying that your dad's internet connection is slower than dial-up, it might be faster if you sent pictures and/or videos by carrier pigeon! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking with you, Ems! :D I have broadband and sometimes that's slower than a turtle because of the internet traffic. :(
Secret Someone

Post by Secret Someone »

I hope it's all going well. :) You are missed.
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Hope the moves goes smoothly! I haven't moved house in 11 years but I'm hoping to move in a few months time and I'm really not looking forward to trying to move all the cr*p I've got wedged into my flat, however it would be so awesome to have more space and a proper garden for my babies that it'll be totally worth the effort :D . Looking forward to hearing how the move goes.
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Good luck with your move--- I HATE moving. :(
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Good luck with your moving, Ems! :D
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Aaahhhh moving...when you find out who your real friends really are....

I wish you the best of luck with the move and hopefully you have lots of strong backs helping.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Right I'm back in the North West for a couple more weeks - last weekend was Part One of the move (and a video of bits of it can now be found on my youtube channel for those who like such things, or want to see what UK motorways are like, or what my Dads house is like....), and I have moved approximately half the contents of my house into my dads house for storage.

Fingers x'd please that in the next week, we can exchange on new house and complete on the 25th - though as ever this is complicated, I am NOT moving into the house we are buying. I am moving into my sisters house, and SHE is moving into the house we are buying. (We as in 'the family', kinda like the mafia but smaller and more northern!).

House feels kinda quiet here, my sister has my rats and degus, and also half of my snakes. Dogs still here with me, along with the hamster and a LOT of mice!
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Saw the vids, Ems! :D

I love that area you're moving into, it is beautiful! :D Also, when I was watching the vid of when you're traveling down on M6, I couldn't help noticing how it reminds me of parts of I76/70 (the Pennsylvania Turnpike). :D
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Enjoyed the video Emmabeth!

Loved seeing a bit of your neck of the woods. I've never crossed the pond, but hope to some day. :D

And your family sounds a lot like mine - seems like nothing we do is ever simple or straight-forward, but somehow it all seems to work out in the end! :lol:
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Horace's Mum

Post by Horace's Mum »

Are you still going to be in Manchester or thereabouts? Still intend to drop in on my way south one of these days! Would be fab to meet all your creatures finally :D :D :D

I don't envy you the move, I moved house last year and it was sooooo stressful, and I only moved 6 houses own the road!! :lol: :lol: