Damaging fall-out from Positive Method Training:

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Carrie

Damaging fall-out from Positive Method Training:

Post by Carrie »

Warning...

Never leave an expensive LL Bean coat or it's pockets which had treats in them....even if there are only crumbs left.... in reach of a Chihuahua. :evil:

Training with my mind, not my hands.
Josie

Post by Josie »

Yikes! :shock:

So are you off out to buy an electric shock collar now? :wink: :lol:
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

No, I bought a new coat. :roll: It took three repititions to train me to be more careful; first, a nice fleece sweatshirt thing, next, another nice fleece (both pockets in each) and finally my good winter coat.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

So you were trained without having to use the e collar then Carrie :lol:

I usually get a rolled up newspaper and hit myself over the head :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Gosh that's VERY scary :shock: . We must clearly stop all this positive reward training straight away, as I am sure the chewing of your coat must have pyschologically damaged your poor Chi.

I can only imagine that this travesty was created by your 'starving' him for something ridiculous like 8 hours or so, in order for you to train the perfect recall. Tsk tsk how dreadful of you :wink: .

Now if you had a fitted him with an e-collar that would never have happened..........the sparks from it would have set you coat alight and you would have had a neat pile of ash, and a flambeyed pooch!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

The aversive of having my coat eaten is insufficient to teach me to put my coat away..

Guess ill get an e collar and my dogs can zap me as well as eat my coat. Maybe that will work?
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

:lol: ROFL!! :lol:

Been there!! :lol:
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Was it expensive??
My little darlings only ever go for the expensive stuff!
I had a lovely pair of very expensive court shoes once upon a time... I had waited ages to get them and managed to get them when they had gone in the sale... and even then it took me a months saving up to afford them.
Anyway, there they were all shiny and new having been worn once, lay on the bottom step waiting to be put into the nice new box they came in, when....... along comes a 6 month old Bullterrier pup to the rescue.
These shoes had clearly gone into attack mode and tried to kill everyone in the house so of went pup down the garden to "kill" the savage shoes. 10 mins later and the offending objects were well and truely dead.
Pup to the rescue...bless him my little knight in shining armour :?
Then there was the killer mobile phone, the killer designer coat, the killer leather handbag, the killer slippers ( so far 9 pairs of) the killer telly remote controlls, the killer knickers, the killer bra's.... so many things, so many dangers :wink:
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

LOL Maggie!

Yes, it was expensive...almost $200.00.

Yes, I had one of those killer couches that need to have it's innards removed. How a tiny Chihuahua could have so much jaw power is beyond me. :twisted: Then there was the Doberman puppy...I won't even go there. :(

I think I've been trained finally.....and without an e-collar. It was that removal of the good thing.....money. LOL.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Merlin once chewed 3 hearing aids and 2 pair of hubby's glasses in 4 weeks, it was hubby who got into trouble not Merlin :lol: Poor hubby did have a stroke and his brain didn't work very well but I did manage to teach him not to leave these round without using an e collar. It took some doing though :wink:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

:roll: Large groan .... teenage child left 3rd remote on sofa...... Off to good ole Argos!
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Maybe you need an e collar then, think they work much better on teenagers :lol:

It is lovely once they move out. :wink:
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

I live in hope!! :roll:
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Yes I am now on the 4th sky remote :?
Oh well, the rubbers gone from the back some of the buttons are missing and the infrared is damaged but it still changes channel and turns up the volume. Its got life left in it yet, so the trip to argos is fast approaching :D
goldendood

Post by goldendood »

My GDood has VERY long legs, and can snatch things thought to be beyond her reach. I've now lost 4 paperback novels...thank Heaven I had finished reading them. At least I know she has good taste in literature! The remains of the library are going to be moved to higher ground :wink:

She also dearly loves to leap onto the stools at our kitchen counter, then onto said counter, to browse thru whatever might be of interest. She removes things from the sink (knives included!) and adds them to her stash in the kennel. Yes, I also have a husband who must be trained, as he's the one who forgets to move the stools to a safer distance.