Puppy has Parvo

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Erica

Puppy has Parvo

Post by Erica »

The puppy we found (picture) wouldn't eat anything yesterday, so we scheduled a vet appt for today and took her in...after a bit of complicated stuff the parvo test came back positive, very very positive. The parvo dot showed up before the control dot. We then took Marble to the emergency care facility where they started treating her. One of the vet techs at the first place had worked with this doctor and said she was very good at treating parvo and had succeeded even in really difficult cases. We also caught it very early (not much vomiting yet and no diarrhea), which they said should help a bit. Fingers crossed...it's expensive, but between my sister and I, we're going to take care of it. I'm just shaking right now because there's nothing I can do except hope for the best.

Sister and I might kick up a bit of activity in our Etsy shop to help us pay for it. I'm thinking of doing pet portraits, but I need to stop shaking before I do an example image. :oops: We're also going to print out some warnings and put them up in the neighborhood and stick them in mailboxes...Marble went on a couple walks before she crashed.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Fundog

Re: Puppy has Parvo

Post by Fundog »

I'm sorry to hear about the parvo. That's a real downer. :(

Putting up caution notices around the community is an excellent idea, and a very considerate thing to do for your neighbors, so they can be careful with their own pups and dogs, and prevent them coming in contact with the virus. If only more dog owners were as conscientious and thoughtful! :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

poor guy, hope he pulls through.
PikiPiki

Post by PikiPiki »

Hoping for the best, *fingers crossed* Keep us informed :(
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I'm so sorry. All the best.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Fingers crossed for puppy.
Secret Someone

Post by Secret Someone »

Sending love and hoping puppy picks up soon. I wish there were more people in the world as caring as you and your sister.
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Fingers crossed here too.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

Puppy is lucky to have found such caring people as your sister and yourself.
Her fate would surely be sealed, otherwise. Sending positive energy, good
vibes, prayers, and anything else that might be helpful.
minkee

Post by minkee »

Good luck, and what a lovely puppy. It's a lucky thing to have found you. Where is your etsy shop? I'd love to take a look!
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

Poor Marble. I'll be keeping good thoughts for her and for you.
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Erica

Post by Erica »

Thank you all for the well-wishes. Sister called in to the vet's earlier today and they said she was doing pretty well, and the vet tech that answered the phone confessed to giving her a bit of a cuddle every so often, which is comforting. :)

Our Etsy shop is here, though we don't have much up yet. The photography is all my older sister's, who's in Puerto Rico, though the cranes are mine. :) We're working on more things to add, though!
Erica

Post by Erica »

She's still doing well...if she keeps her food down we'll be able to bring her home tomorrow; if not, we'll transfer her to a clinic closer to home. :) The fuzzy thing is paying, hah...I had just enough in my checking account to put down the mandatory deposit, but they'd need the rest when we pick her up. I have enough to cover it if I can deposit my paychecks, but the timing is absolutely brilliant...the hospital closes at 9; the banks open at 9. :| Sister's trying to work something out...fun fun fun.

Edit: They're letting us pick her up in the evening, so that's all good now.

Edit2: She's home and happy! <3!