horrible dog trainer

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Analia

horrible dog trainer

Post by Analia »

Hi everyone,
Please check out this link and post what you think. This is supouse to be one of the best dog trainers in Uruguay. It´s horrible. Worst of all, when i post my opinion about this being a really cruel method, a lot of peaple respond that is a great method and i´m an ignorant because there´s no other way to treat an agressive dog!!!
Help me to stop dog trainers that use force to train.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTCsTytEhHk
jacksdad

Re: horrible dog trainer

Post by jacksdad »

I don't read, speak, write Spanish, so I am not sure other than confirming that yes he is doing it all wrong how I can help you.

he is very clearly stressing out the dog and missing some very critical signals from the dog.

That is NOT the way to address "aggressive" dogs.
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I have reported the video as animal abuse to Youtube - that isn't dog training, that is animal abuse.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

I can't believe people actually find it acceptable that dogs are treated this way in the name of training :cry:
Analia

Post by Analia »

emmabeth wrote:I have reported the video as animal abuse to Youtube - that isn't dog training, that is animal abuse.
i did too...
Analia

Post by Analia »

jacksdad wrote:I don't read, speak, write Spanish, so I am not sure other than confirming that yes he is doing it all wrong how I can help you.

he is very clearly stressing out the dog and missing some very critical signals from the dog.

Doesn´t matter, if you can, post a coment in english, most people here understand it. If not i translate it.
There´s nothing i can do to stop him, i try to explain him that this is not the way, and the response of many people is that i´m an ignorant so i´ve been showing the video to as many people as i can so there´s not only my opinion, is the opinion of a lot of people who not agree with what he is doing.

Thank´s for the reply
Analía
Analia

Post by Analia »

By the way, for the one´s that don´t speak spanish, it´s sais that he is calming the dog and showing him who is the alpha. That is a technique use by ethologist. That the trainer is submiting the dog and became the alpha because is what wolfs do. The dog behind the door stop beeing a negative stimulus and became a neutral one.

i don´t find not even one correct sentence in this text..... i feel bad for the poor dog.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

That is appalling. I don't know how I managed to watch it to the end. Dreadful.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

jacksdad wrote:I don't read, speak, write Spanish, so I am not sure other than confirming that yes he is doing it all wrong how I can help you.

Check out Yahoo's Babel Fish page Jacksdad. You can type what you want to say in English and have it converted into most common language they list. It's not always perfect, but usually gets the message across.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

This treatment of dogs is wrong and you are a criminal.
Este tratamiento de perros es incorrecto y usted es un criminal.
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Analia wrote:By the way, for the one´s that don´t speak spanish, it´s sais that he is calming the dog
I really don't understand how they can't see that the dog is lying rigid on the floor while pinned and is far from calm. A certain tv trainer with very white teeth is guilty of this too. It's also still focused on the dog behind the gate.

I sometimes wish I'd never learned to read dogs body language because now I wonder how others can be so blind as to not see what a dog is SCREAMING at them through it's body language. I'm sure I get it wrong at times but sometimes the dog couldn't make it clearer if it put a neon flashing sign up.
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Analia wrote:
emmabeth wrote:I have reported the video as animal abuse to Youtube - that isn't dog training, that is animal abuse.
i did too...
Me too, disgusting, I think I heard the dog choking :(
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
minkee

Post by minkee »

It must be incredibly frustrating for you, Analia, to be up against such willful ignorance. Keep doing what you're doing and the results will show through.
ImageImage
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

I too reported the video when I saw it - horrid and appalling! That's not poor training, that's abuse.
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
PikiPiki

Post by PikiPiki »

That poor dog couldn't even breath. That's horrible. I reported this video as well last night.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

Flyby wrote:Check out Yahoo's Babel Fish page Jacksdad. You can type what you want to say in English and have it converted into most common language they list. It's not always perfect, but usually gets the message across.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

This treatment of dogs is wrong and you are a criminal.
Este tratamiento de perros es incorrecto y usted es un criminal.
I keep forgetting about that tool.

I will try and get something short put together this weekend. If anyone else chooses to post comments to this video I would encourage you to keep it educational and avoid personal attacks on the trainer. for all we know this person has never been exposed to Positive Reinforcement and or up to date information. Remember it's the wide spread misconception of how dogs/wolves treat each other that is the real root issue, not that people are out to be cruel for cruelty sake. Give them a chance to absorb new information before tearing into them.

The poor dog. clearly in a state of stress from not only being near that other dog, but how he is being handled.