I love it when my dog(s)...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Secret Someone

I love it when my dog(s)...

Post by Secret Someone »

This is another one of those check-in threads. I hope it's not too annoying. I'm guessing that on here there must be some people who have the urge to gush about how awesome their doggy friends are regularly...

I love it when Pan gets excited and gently takes my glasses off before putting them next to me on the floor. He looks at me as if to say 'look, Mummy, isn't that just hilaaarious!'.

And I love that when he wants a cuddle he stands up and nuzzles his head underneath my arms before sinking into me like a baby and wagging his tail. <3
JudyN

Re: I love it when my dog(s)...

Post by JudyN »

I love it when Jasper's tail thumps against the floor when he sleeps. I'd love to know what he's dreaming about :D
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

I have a pembroke corgi, so I don't get to see that "instant feedback" of how happy she is by seeing a furiously wagging tail. So I just love it when she's so happy that not only does her little button tail wag (as best it can and you have to pay close attention to see it :mrgreen: ) but her whole behind is wagging like crazy! Makes me smile every time! :D
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
Erica

Post by Erica »

I love it when Opal helps our ooooold cat around the house. She gives him a boost with her nose if he's trying to get on the sofa or onto a chair, herds him away from the rooms he's not supposed to go into, and helps groom him. It's the most adorable thing! <3 Sweet doggy.
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

I love when Dottie uses the lawn as a napkin after eating a dinner she thought was delicious. :lol: :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I love it when I go to the drive-up ATM, Karma pops her head outside my window, thinking we're at a fast-food drive-thru! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
chay

Post by chay »

so many things!

i love it when the alarm goes off in the morning - instead of getting up and running to the kitchen, gypsy will clamber up on my chest and tuck her head under my neck for our 8-minute 'snooze' before its REALLY time to get up <3 (THEN she gets up and runs to the kitchen post-haste!)
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Fundog wrote:I love when Dottie uses the lawn as a napkin after eating a dinner she thought was delicious. :lol: :lol:
Jasper uses the sofas :roll:

I love it when I try to have a lie-in but Jasper, on his bed next to mine, whines to tell me it's time to get up... but doesn't actually shift off his bed, and is still there one and a half hours after I got up :? :lol:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Sarah83

Post by Sarah83 »

Rupert also uses the sofa as a napkin :roll: Or the closest available human, either will do.

I love it when Rupert does his stampy feet. When he's feeling playful he'll rear up slightly then stamp one front paw on the ground quickly followed by the other and then a play bow. Makes me laugh every time he does it. Of course the fact it makes me laugh means he does it a hell of a lot :lol:

I also love Rupert cuddles. He has apparently not read the part of the rule book that says dogs dislike being hugged. Rupert is most insistent on being hugged. Lie on the bed and he'll come and lie as close to you as he can and nudge his way under your arm so that you have no choice but to hug him. He will lie for ages with his head on your shoulder and his back against your chest. He is firmly convinced he is a lap dog. Never mind that he's 80lbs and doesn't actually fit on my lap, as far as he's concerned he is most definitely a lap dog.

I love that despite his fear he will cuddle up to me when I have a seizure and stay with me until I'm on my feet again. Or until my husband insists on him moving. Apparently insisting requires him to pick Rupert up and forcibly remove him from my legs because Rupe just won't move.

Hmmm...there are so many other things I love. I think I'll leave it at that for now though :lol:
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

Sometimes Ted suddenly wakes from a deep sleep and sits bolt upright for no apparent reason (I assume he's having a nightmare), the look of confusion on his face as he tries to work out what is happening is priceless but what I love is that he'll look at me, visibly relax and then just flop back down and go back to sleep :D
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

I love it when I brush my teeth, my dog Karma will open the door to watch as though it is her turn to brush her teeth. :lol: Needless as it an oddity to say, that seems to motivate her to behave well and let me brush her teeth (with her own brush, of course, not my electric one) without her wanting to snap at me. Instead, she just growls at me, not in a menacing way, but it is one of those growls where it sounds though she's talking to me. :lol: :wink:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

I love it when my dog, Sheba, greets me at the door. She sits in the window with this grin on her face and her tail wagging! :D
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Oooooh.. good thread!

So much to love..... Hmmm...

Ellie - gets on the bed or the sofa and shoves her head AT you, and then squishes in (when she feels like it, not always!) and if you stop stroking her she will nudge you more or give you her paw for more!

For a dog who was utterly cold to people when she arrived and had 'no personality' according to her previous owners - its brilliant!

Rocky - he dreams old dog dreams and puffs his floppy cheeks out and does paw twitches like he is running.

Errol - when he gets on his back, asleep, all four paws in the air and he just looks like a heap of fur and you cant really tell which end is which without going over and checking (hes black all over!)

Dilly - when he trots into the room with one of his floppy ears cocked over his head, because it tells me he has stolen something! It gives him away every time, he would be no good at poker!

Kelda - likes contact in her own special way, and that way is, to shove her head between your legs and try to walk through them. This works on tall people but shes 31" and my inside leg is a LOT less than this, so she tends to make me fall over or at least wobble and im sure she thinks thats funny!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
MissCarla

Post by MissCarla »

I love when Bear does this weird love bite thing. If I've been gone for a few hours, when I come home he'll very gently 'bite' my entire forearm or sometimes my ear! :shock:

And Casey...I love when she goes to sleep!! :lol: Kidding! I love how cute she looks when she chases a ball. She's such a spaz, she looks like a kitten.
ClareMarsh

Post by ClareMarsh »

emmabeth wrote: Dilly - when he trots into the room with one of his floppy ears cocked over his head, because it tells me he has stolen something! It gives him away every time, he would be no good at poker!
:lol: Ted has a similar trait in the form of the way he runs, there's a certain trot which means either a) I've just found something on the floor to eat and I'm off to my towel to consume it in peace or b) I've just stolen an article of clothing someone has foolishly left on the floor and I'm off to my towel to chew it.

As he's got bigger the things he's taken on have too and I've found him dragging bras, t-shirts, even slipper boots across the hall and over the open baby gate to get to his destination of choice. You can imagine his excitement when I put the washing to dry in the spare room as I chuck it on the floor to sort through it. He steals items one at a time but as he comes back to steal the second item he brings the first one back with him :lol:

A couple of days ago with one of Stuart's running tops ...
Proud owner of Ted and baby Ella
My blog about Ted http://tinkerwolf.com/
Ted's Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/Tinkerwolf
Ted's You Tube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheTedVids