Amazing horse story for those of you who like horses

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jacksdad

Amazing horse story for those of you who like horses

Post by jacksdad »

http://missoulian.com/news/state-and-re ... 03286.html

All I can say is wow, that is one special horse.
emmabeth

Re: Amazing horse story for those of you who like horses

Post by emmabeth »

Wow indeed, thats a seriously special horse!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

^^^I have to agree with what Emmabeth said when she said "thats a seriously special horse!" Image
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
MPbandmom

Post by MPbandmom »

Wow, that is one special horse. Very good looking too and man, the size of those hooves.
Grammy to Sky and Sirius, who came to live with me, stole my heart, and changed my life forever as I took over their care and learned how to be a dog owner.
thepennywhistle

Post by thepennywhistle »

A horse with that kind of courage, willing to be your partner in whatever you ask,
is a rare gift. I'm glad she's bought him. He deserves to live happily ever after.
chay

Post by chay »

holy moly, what an amazing story! agree with TPW, i think they were destined to stay together those two :D
Erica

Post by Erica »

Wow! Quite the story. :) Tonk must take inspiration from Tonks, for those Potter fans out there...;)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Oh we went to Whitefish for our honeymoon. We stayed on a beautiful ranch and there were very few guests as it was the start of the season so we got to go trail blazing instead of trail riding.
One day were stopped on a high point to cook our steak for lunch. It was just the head wrangler, my husband and I. The horses were tied to a tree and we were relaxing after our food enjoying the amazing view when we heard a growl from below us. The wrangler shot up from under his hat where he'd been dozing and we all stood there looking over the edge holding our breath. We then heard another growl and the wrangler says sounds like a baby bear. So we ask what to we do if mamma bear comes looking for steak. He say's "If it really is a bear then we leave the horses tied up and run for our lives" :shock:
Thankfully there were no further signs that anything was coming to eat any of us! It made me feel lucky to live in Ireland where nothing can eat me or indeed a horse :lol:
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
CoolDog

Post by CoolDog »

My great-uncle used to own horses and we used to ride the mountainous wilderness around his farm. One day, we rode on this trail that ran along a stream, and everything was going great until we heard this growl! :shock:

Needless to say, we were scared because the growl was loud and close, and the horses galloped a good 300 or so feet, however, the horse my brother was on, shot way a head! My great-uncle, on the other hand, turned around and went to the spot to where we heard the growl. The next thing we heard were gun shots, then we heard my great-uncle and his horse gallop up the trail towards us. It was a mountain lion, but he didn't kill it, he just scared it away. No meal for the mountain lion this time! :D