Did anyone in the UK see this last night?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

wvvdiup1

Re: Did anyone in the UK see this last night?

Post by wvvdiup1 »

For all of you in the US and elsewhere, go to this link on YouTube to see the episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOelDN8J ... embedded#!
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

Joe Inglis, resident vet on The One Show, is on there tonight to discuss the 'controversy'. I was sceptical, and thinking that as he is on the show he would be beacking them up, but have just read the posts on his FB page and it seems he is very much against the methods used by this trainer. he is an advocate of positive methods, and so it seems he wil put his point across. I imagine he will have to be a bit diplomatic....but hopefully he will be a good person to say these methods are outdated and bullying and will help get this guy off. The vet also said he didnt know anything about this guy being hired on the show until he had someone ask him if he had seen the slot!

Shame the BBC had to ask someone so close to him so s to avoid TOO much conflict, but at least it is someone who doesnt agree with the methods used!
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

wvvdiup1 wrote:For all of you in the US and elsewhere, go to this link on YouTube to see the episode!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOelDN8J ... embedded#!
Thanks!!!
--dontpugme
ladybug1802

Re: Did anyone in the UK see this last night? UPDATE

Post by ladybug1802 »

The BBC have just communicated that Jordan Shelley has been dropped from The One Show!

They didnt have much choice really after the public outcry, but at least they arent continuing with him. I woudl like to see them continuing with the dog training slot with a well researched, positive methods based trainer though.
wickedhippy

Post by wickedhippy »

Yup, he was dropped - it was just noted on Victoria's Twitter!! :D
"If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies" ~ Anonymous
Creator of the We Love Victoria Stilwell Fan Site http://victoriastilwellfans.webs.com/
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

Does Victoria ever actually come onto her forum by the way? Little disappointed that although she posts a lot on her F*cebook and Tw*tter, she never seems to post on here. I thought she might post about this issue in here as well as the other mediums :(
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I think using social networks is a lot easier to use with mobile internet than the forum. I know emmabeth sees the login stats and has said in the past that Victoria does read the forums every once in a while.
--dontpugme
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

Hope she does. It would be nice if she did pop on here a bit more regularly and posted once in a while - even if it just to show a presence.
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

love this comment left on youtube regarding the clip..
The awkward moment when Jordan Shelley comes over to train your dog and you ask for his qualifications.........
if this is the bar for getting on TV as a expert trainer, I am looking for an agent right now.
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

jacksdad wrote:love this comment left on youtube regarding the clip..
The awkward moment when Jordan Shelley comes over to train your dog and you ask for his qualifications.........
if this is the bar for getting on TV as a expert trainer, I am looking for an agent right now.
I'll be your agent Jacksdad.

I've no qualifications and don't really know the first thing about it, but we'll be ok if we don't tell anybody. :lol:
PinkDice

Post by PinkDice »

It's heartening to see such a trainer shut down. It makes me wonder if something similar is possible with "shiny tooth man" as I've heard him described here in the states. I have written the National Geographic Channel, and jacksdad mentioned talk of advertising dollars which seems very doable, but I'm not sure any kind of public outcry would be as effective as it was over there. :(
minkee

Post by minkee »

It probably helps that we 'own' and pay for the BBC ourselves, so they HAVE to listen to concerns really (though how they respond to them can be hit and miss!) I imagine with more regular channels with advertising that it's all down to which programs advertisers will pay for, the audience doesn't really have a say further than switching on or off.
ImageImage
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

had a mini heat wave here too...Wednesday my drive home from the Oakland (across the bay from San Francisco) area ranged between 95 and 104 :shock: :evil: I want my cool fall weather.
WufWuf

Post by WufWuf »

Just saw this and thought I'd post the link http://www.dogstardaily.com/radio/16-in ... an-shelley

not sure what I thought about it apart from lucky git...
Operant conditioning rocks but classical conditioning rules
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

WufWuf wrote:Just saw this and thought I'd post the link http://www.dogstardaily.com/radio/16-in ... an-shelley

not sure what I thought about it apart from lucky git...

I'm glad he's getting the chance to improve his techniques and rethink his ideas......and I'm gutted for all the sound positive-minded wannabe dog trainers who are so much more deserving of such an opportunity.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS