Did anyone in the UK see this last night?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ladybug1802

Re: Did anyone in the UK see this last night?

Post by ladybug1802 »

Flyby wrote:Knowing the ill informed and very damaging remarks the BBC said about Rhodesian Ridgebacks, this doesn't surprise me at all. Be careful though, because BBC will be just loving the free publicity for their program.

Don't just complain to the BBC, stop watching, switch to another channel and complain to your MP about the licence you're compelled to pay for being squandered on such rubbish. You never know, it might get quite a few shows taken out the back and shot. Just don't bet on it .... :(
I'm afraid I dont think the 'burying head in sand' and not watching it approach will have any effect at all. The sheer volume of people complaining constantly on the One Show F*cebook page alone is impressive, and to be honest I dont think the BBC will be ABLE to get away with ignoring that many people. If we just dont watch it, for all of us that disagree with this man and how he 'trains' dogs, there will be many, many others who dont know any better, and who take his word as gospel.

I have actually just called the APBC to see if I could see their viewpoint on it. The lady i spoke to didnt say a lot, but she did say they were well aware of the programme and the controversy around it, and when i asked if it might be possible for them as an organisation to complain to the BBC to give it a bit of backbone, she said the committe is looking into it at the moment. So hopefully if organisations like this do take action or complain it will definitely mean thr BBC will have to get the guy off.
Lol & Jasper

Post by Lol & Jasper »

According to some recent posts on FB the BBC are defending showing this & the "trainer" concerned and mention showing him in future films.
Helen2009

The One Show BBC1

Post by Helen2009 »

Words fail me really.... anyone else caught this Jordan chap (so called animal behaviourist) on the One Show?? Basically, he uses the methods CM uses. This JRT suffered from resource guarding issues and the way he dealt with it... well you can guess the rest. I cannot believe how irresponsible the BBC have been over employing this guy. There has been MAJOR uproar on the One Show facebook page. If you are on facebook, take a look and scroll down a bit. They leave a wall post introducing him and there are 284 comments of outrage. I have left a note on their wall too, but I can't seem to find it. Need to look again...

Lots of complaints to the BBC have been submitted. I just can't believe that people will now see this and think its the right way to 'train' a dog. Well we would call it rehabilitate. So dangerous aswell. I only saw the first part of this story but from what I can gather, in the second part, the dog was giving out so many calming and stress signals and they were all completely ignored. Rant over... sorry but it does make me mad!!

Just edited to add that apparently the Dogs Trust and the APBC are looking into this. One poster on another forum I go on said that the BBC have received twice as many complaints about this feature than other feature they have ever done on the One Show. Result if true. It heartens me to hear that aswell, I am hoping the tide is turning regarding dominance and fear training.
JudyN

Re: The One Show BBC1

Post by JudyN »

It beggars belief, doesn't it? :evil: Check out this thread, Helen: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12847 Hopefully the Beeb can't ignore the flood of complaints.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
Helen2009

Post by Helen2009 »

Missed that thread... I thought to myself, hmmm can't see the One Show as a title so I'll take the plunge!!!!! Emmabeth, feel free to delete this thread as its daft having another one running. Thanks!!
Helen2009

Post by Helen2009 »

According to another forum they may not be doing further slots with this guy. Don't know how true this is but they have had twice as many complaints than for any other feature they have done. Lets just hope (fingers crossed)
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Keep up the complaints,make them to the RSPCA and OFCOM also.

The One Show have released a really pathetic press release which can be read on Beverley Cuddys Cold Wet Nose blog, defending Jordans methods and claiming that 500 calls have bene made to them asking for Jordans help (I said theres probably 500 people would happily do the stunts you see on JackAss or Dirty Sanchez and im sure thats only a small percentage of the idiots wiht access to a telephone in the uk!)

There are FB pages set up asking for him to be removed from The One show and at least one of these is close approaching 500 at the moment, so look them out and 'like' them also.
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I think I will move t'other one over here and edit the thread title so we know what its about... mm!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I have by the magic of moderation tools, merged the two threads, so if anyone is confused, dont be!
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

merging two threads.....OMG! it's witch craft I tell you, witch craft.. :shock:
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

As Emmabeth has said, a group has been set up on FB to get Jordan Shelley of the One Show....

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Get-J ... 42?sk=wall

I posted this link on my FB page and was shocked to find one comment by someone I know (not very well I might add) who asked about what the show was, I told her in a nutshell and all she said was "Oh i did see that....I was shocked at the aggression of the JR'

So I am dismayed at how many people still see this behaviour as out and out aggression without seeing the reason for it.

But the blog link Emmabeth added has complaints from the RSPCXA, Dogs Trust, a couple of other rescue places and the APBC were looking into it too. I therefore am gobsmacked the One Show and BBC is not taking it more seriously. The statement from Jordan himself is a joke to be honest. So we have this 21 year old boy, with no experience, no ability at reading dogs body language and using outdated techniques advising the country. Brilliant,.

Please can as many people as possible like this link, complain to the BBC and on the Facebook pages.

I have complained twice to the BBC...i checked the box that asked if i wanted a aresponse to say 'yes'....but that was on Sat!
Helen2009

Post by Helen2009 »

Yes I know its the Daily Mail, but its made it to the press.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ssell.html
Helen2009

Post by Helen2009 »

Signed the petition on the facebook page. There is now an ipetition page where people can add their names (just your name and email needed).
ladybug1802

Post by ladybug1802 »

This is the statement from our very own Victoria on her FB page:-

"I'm worried now that the family is in danger of getting bitten by their JR after the abusive techniques that were used by Jordan shelley on the BBC's One Show and if so the JR will get put down. If anyone knows who the family is, please tell them that I will come over to England free of charge and teach them how to stop their dog guarding in a humane and beautifully effective way. No point in just complaining, I want to save this dog and this family. Please send this to everyone you know"

Thanks Victoria!
minkee

Post by minkee »

Some of the posts and comments on these links are so upsetting to read. From the ones saying that the nasty biting little dog got what it deserved (put in its place) to the ones saying that a dog's been put down for reacting badly after someone tried this... 'technique' on him. In an ideal world they'll take Victoria up on her offer, and the One Show would show the process + results, re-educating absolutely everybody.
ImageImage