Doggie Acne?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Ocelot0411

Doggie Acne?

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Hi guys, hope you can help me with this. Ellie has got a rash on her chin, which was just one little round patch before but has now spread (see below).

Sorry if the picture is huge but the more detail the better I guess. I have read that dogs, especially short haired breeds like Dobermans can get a form of acne. Do you think this is what this maybe or does it look like something else?

FYI she is wormed religiously every three months with presciption stuff from the vets, ditto with Advantage flea treatment once a month. She is also fine in herself and it doesn't seem to be troubling her at all. Should I be thinking vets?

Thanks
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

I think you should be thinking nettles, or maybe cut grass. but most likely nettles.

Vet if it makes you feel better, but I just put some aloe vera gel on, or else a spot of lavender oil, and feed more veggies to clean out inside.
Find the cause, find the cure.

A dog is never 'bad' or 'naughty'. It is simply behaving like a dog.
Bilclarie

Post by Bilclarie »

No it's just Dobie chin spots 99.9% of Dobes will get these at some stage just use a little anticeptic cream on them and they should clear up but she may always have them, if she does and they get sore looking again just use some cream on them, Tasha is 4 and still has them :wink:

Mo
Bilclarie Dobermann's
If it's not a Dobermann it's just a dog
www.bilclarie.com
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/bilclarie/untitled.jpg[/img]
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

This is for you owdb1tch...... :D

My trainer had a look at Ellie's chin on Tuesday night and said exactly the same as you, an allergy, probably to new grass coming through. I have looked up grass allergy on the web and it said that one of the signs of this is dogs licking their paws. Well guess what Ellie has suddenly started licking her paws, alot. I never thought to mention it on here as I had no idea it could be related, but there you go, you learn something new every day.

So I am going to just use antiseptic cream and see if it improves as if it is grass / pollen it maight just be seasonal and go in a few weeks. if not I may consider the vets for antihistimes (sp).

So anyway, well done for the diagnosis, 10 out of 10!!