gotta tell people who'll understand

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

dontpugme

gotta tell people who'll understand

Post by dontpugme »

So the guidance counselors at my school are meeting with every new student. Today, I met with mine.

She asked about things like previous schools and why you chose to come to the school. Things got interesting when we got to the part about interests. I started talking about how I was getting really into dog behavior and training and how I was doing a lot of reading in my spare time.

She then asked the dreaded question....(i'm gonna spell it differently to try to keep away trolls that just search for threads with this guy's name) "So do you watch that *esarC ilanM hispererW guy?" I said that I hated him and his methods and blah blah blah. Suddenly this quick chat turned into a pretty fun half hour conversation on him versus +R and how I watch IMOTD and all that jazz.

In the end, she actually started to lean more towards +R in regards to dog training even though she didn't own a dog. She even said that she's talk to some people about removing the poster they had of him that looks like this but has him on it Image that they had in the library. That thing has been ticking me off ever since I first walked into that school.

I walked out of that office so giddy. I didn't tell my school friends about it because I knew they wouldn't understand why I was so happy. So I had to tell the only people I knew would. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Self-Centered Story-time Over

In other news, tomorrow I have to give my Informational Speech in Speech class. I'm doing it on the history of Crufts (I'm so glad we get to pick our own topics). I really liked writing the speech. Not really looking forward to saying it.....Wish me luck!
--dontpugme
Fundog

Re: gotta tell people who'll understand

Post by Fundog »

Hey, that's pretty cool, Don'tPugMe! Way to make a difference within your own circle of influence (Habit number 1 of "Highly Effective People"). :D

And good luck on your speech tomorrow-- I'm sure you'll do just fine. :D
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
Erica

Post by Erica »

I would have "accidentally" fallen against and ripped up that poster...lol.

Yay for making a difference! :D I hate having to defend my opinions, though I love it at the same time...I like to educate people, but whenever it's something I care about, my heart starts going overtime and my throat starts hurting...heh. It doesn't even matter if the people agree or disagree with me!
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Well done there Don'tpugme :D excellent job done.

All the best with your speech - you'll be great.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Well done, Dontpugme, for positively discussing +R training versus "you know who's" training methods with your guidance counselor! :D I can imagine you enthusiastically speaking of your interests in dog training, dog behavior, and dog language with your guidance counselor, which shows how deep your interest is in this field. :D

As for your speech, I am very confident you will do well there, too! Good luck on your speech, Dontpugme! :D Don't forget to video it for us! :D
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

pugme - Well done. follow up, make sure that poster comes down...maybe see if you can find a IMOTD poster to replace it :wink:

erica - defending our opinions is how we grow and better understand why we feel the way we do about something.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

wvvdiup1 wrote:Don't forget to video it for us! :D
My class would have looked ridiculous! My school has really weird themed days this week. Yesterday was baby day. We were all wearing pacifiers, bonnets, pajamas, some had diapers. Today was beach day. Everyone was wearing inner tubes and giant sunglasses. :roll: :lol:
--dontpugme
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Good stuff and yay for hopefully getting the poster removed! I know exactly what you mean about feeling happy or excited about something but not being able to tell other people cos they just won't get it too!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

dontpugme wrote:
wvvdiup1 wrote:Don't forget to video it for us! :D
My class would have looked ridiculous! My school has really weird themed days this week. Yesterday was baby day. We were all wearing pacifiers, bonnets, pajamas, some had diapers. Today was beach day. Everyone was wearing inner tubes and giant sunglasses. :roll: :lol:

Oh yes--- it must be "Homecoming Week" at your school too. Youngest "Fundog" is having silly days at school too. (Today was "fake an injury" day, and tomorrow is "Nerd Day;" yesterday was "Hippy Day.") :lol:
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Fundog wrote:tomorrow is "Nerd Day;"
That's basically everyday for me! :mrgreen: :roll: :roll: :roll: 8) 8) 8) :lol:
--dontpugme
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Oh, that's funny--- youngest fundog commented this evening that they are "celebrating him" tomorrow! He is definitely the ultimate nerd. (He's a sophomore, and taking pre-calculus this year). :lol:

Too bad he's "allergic" to girls-- I'd have him get in touch with you. (He is still at the point in his life where girls are something to be afraid of. This is super funny, because he's been nominated "Sophomore Prince" in the Homecoming Royalty!) :lol:
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

Fundog wrote:Too bad he's "allergic" to girls-- I'd have him get in touch with you. (He is still at the point in his life where girls are something to be afraid of. This is super funny, because he's been nominated "Sophomore Prince" in the Homecoming Royalty!) :lol:
Hahahaha :lol:

I go to an all-girls school. The all-boys school is right across the street/parking lot. A lot of them come over to the girls' school during lunch looking for Homecoming dates because they can't go unless they take someone. It's so funny to watch how awkward they are. :lol:
--dontpugme
wvvdiup1

Post by wvvdiup1 »

Dontpugme posted: wvvdiup1 wrote: Don't forget to video it for us!

Dontpugme wrote:
My class would have looked ridiculous! My school has really weird themed days this week. Yesterday was baby day. We were all wearing pacifiers, bonnets, pajamas, some had diapers. Today was beach day. Everyone was wearing inner tubes and giant sunglasses.
So? This is the only time you will be getting a lot of "fond memories" of yourselves before you graduate from high school and be on your own, out in the great big old world, Dontpugme! :D When you start having your class reunions or whatever get-togethers with former classmates and show them "Do you remember when we did...?" Or, should one or more of your classmates run for public office in the future... :twisted:

In reality, video recording yourself and your classmates giving speeches is actually a learning tool; you can play it over-and-over to learn from any mistakes you or your classmates did when making your speeches. 8)
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
dontpugme

Post by dontpugme »

I walked into the library yesterday to find that the poster had been replaced by one with Emma Watson. I was with some of my friends. They were very confused when I started squealing and dancing and cheering. :lol: :lol: 8)

--dontpugme
Erica

Post by Erica »

Yay! Emma's such a better role model than shiny-tooth-man. :)
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14