Good Online Dog Stuff Stores

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Erica

Good Online Dog Stuff Stores

Post by Erica »

Well, I just wanted to show you guys this website that sells collars (and matching leashes), but I figured we could all share our favorite places to get stuff for our pups!

Collar Mania has nice, high-quality collars. I found it through a contest they did which Carolina Care Bullies (a great local Pit Bull rescue that doesn't use prong collars or other aversives!) entered...I think Collar Mania was giving away "Adopt Me!" collars. Anyways! I didn't think too much of it until Zeus, the mastiff I dogsit, scratched his name tag off of his collar for the third or fourth time. Even though he's microchipped and registered, his mom is terrified of his getting lost and not being returned. She wanted a phone number and his name on his collar, but the major brands didn't have a size big enough for him! :( I remembered that CM did embroidery, though, and a few weeks later Zeus and Amadeus were sporting beautiful, strong collars with their names and phone numbers on them. :) What really interests me is that she puts an extra little D-ring on the collars for tags - so the leash won't get tangled up in them. I was lucky enough to win a collar for Opal, and it's wonderful! While her other collars/harnesses mess her fur up, this one doesn't. It looks gorgeous on her. <3 Of course, a little while AFTER I got Opal's collar, the maker added Doctor Who fabric to the site...;-; I REALLY REALLY want a DW collar! Aaah!

A sort of spin-off company, Ella's Lead started making strong leashes, but took over the leather collar side of Collar Mania after an allergy or something...I'm not clear on the story, but they offer ANY sort of leash you could ever need. If it's not on the site, send them an e-mail and they'll make a custom leash for you! They make them out of mountain-climbing rope and leather, and guarantee that they will not break if used normally. I will probably end up ordering a special leash eventually, once I get off of my meds and my allergy to skin irritation comes back full-force. The edges of normal nylon leashes is really irritating...even wearing it around my wrist, I get hives. :( Anyways! Their leather collars are GORGEOUS, and the "Half-Breed Prince" collar on the front page right now is HILARIOUS. I want one for Onyx. xD
Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14