EEKS! HELP

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

springchowie11

EEKS! HELP

Post by springchowie11 »

Hi Guys, :D
We have this pitbull (or 2) that roams around our street. but i was wondering what would be the best thing to do if he came for me when I was walking my dog? He has been declared dangerous. Hi lives in the property beside the house behind us (if that makes sense). I mean my dog would obviously pick up a fight with him. But my collie is large and the pit bull is twice the size as my dog.
What would I do if I spotted him and he was in a viewings didstance?
springchowie11
misskris

Re: EEKS! HELP

Post by misskris »

if he's been deemed dangerous, I really think it's your right (and responsibility) to call someone (or knock on your neighbors door although I don't recommend that) to be sure that he is somewhere safe at all times. I would say that no matter how well YOUR dog is trained, you cannot account for the actions of the other dog and if he attacks your dog, it wouldn't be beyond your dog to react in aggression caused by fear. (I think?!?) I would say be on the safe side and be sure the dog is tethered and maybe give a call to the police?!? (for not only you but for everyone and every dog that walks on your street)?!?! :D Would not want your dog or you to get seriously injured. :(
springchowie11

Re: EEKS! HELP

Post by springchowie11 »

We have called the pound and dog ranger. He hasn't been roaming around anymore so the pound must have got him. They had to put him down if he got in their hands.
Thanks for this
springchowie11