Avoiding people with ball chuckers

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jakesmom

Re: Avoiding people with ball chuckers

Post by jakesmom »

I've got to confess to having a chucker. It's great because we can only let Jake off his lead for short periods when no-one's in sight, and it gives him the opportunity to have a really good full speed run, and saves us messing with slobbery balls.
Liv

Post by Liv »

I think that they are great if used sensibly.
My dog loves it - we dont do it all the time as she would become obsessive, but as a treat and not instead of a good regular walk I think that they are great. My back isnt great and my dogs tennis balls get really muddy and slobbery, so they are fab with that too.
Using them instead of a walk, or as the only thing you do together is a bit odd, and lazy, and I imagine damaging as that sprint and hard stop before coming back to return the ball cant be good for their joints if done repetitively all the time.
easilyconfused

Post by easilyconfused »

My wife is disabled and would have great difficulty without one. As a broad generalisation i'd say you where wrong. IMO most dog owners are fairly crap at understanding their dogs/enviroment but the fact they are outside , chucking balls with a dog off lead is still a step above some that I meet (our garden is huge and they run around it all afternoon, we'll walk her tommorow as its raining today)