Heat vent...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Leigha

Heat vent...

Post by Leigha »

I. CANNOT. WAIT. TIL. DIXIE. IS. OUT. OF. HEAT.

She's got Bruiser all horned up and love sick. He doesn't eat and whines, whines, whines for hours on end if he's not near her. We've had to keep them separated because he'll start to hump her and get a hurt penis which makes him growly and barky at her 'til he fixes it, then he'll do it again. She can't stop waggling her lady bits in his face. The humping on both parts is ridiculous, it's like Wild Kingdom back there if they're together.

(Ironically both Lu and Kole who have used their manhood before getting neutered don't pay her any mind--it's Bruiser who's been fixed since he was 8 weeks who's the humping fiend)

I think we'll be getting her spayed in 3 months when she's halfway between. She's a little over 2, so I hoping it won't hurt her developmentally too much. But holy macaroni I just can't deal with it!
easilyconfused

Re: Heat vent...

Post by easilyconfused »

Hehe, I have a house full of bitches. Put white sheets on the bed at the weekend. Within hours they all came on :|
When out with my girls atm I can easily spot males. They are the ones hurling towards us from across the fields lol
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Bach remedy Mimulus can help with some male dogs. Unfortunately I know of nothing that helps the girls.

Soon be over, and she is a good age to spay now at your planned time.

Open that bottle of wine and break out that virtual cake.....
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Leigha

Post by Leigha »

This is her 2nd season with us and is so much worse than the last one was. So happy it's almost over.