Great doggy day!

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

danabanana

Great doggy day!

Post by danabanana »

I took Teagan to training class this morning (have found cheese works now as treats, and there are loads of toys there that are all new to her so she works really well for those too! Yay!).

They do agility there too I know she's too young to do it but took her to the agility class just to watch and go and have a sniff of the equipment so it's not like - woah what is THAT!?! - when I do take her properly and she LOVED it. She had a little play in the tunnel (I don't know what it's called but the one where one end is open and the rest is like a material cover that they run through) - we held the end open for her a couple of times til she got the idea then she raced through it properly!

I didn't catch her at the end though once and she ran off and flew over a couple of low jumps - they put the poles on the floor for her as she shouldn't really be jumping - just to walk over and she did that great too then tried to pick one of them up and take it with her but it was too heavy!

Took her back to the barn and let her play with a couple of the toys and meet the dogs coming in for the next class before she came home and she has put herself in her crate and slept - I have a tired happy dog at the moment and it feels great!

The two women that run the class have commented on how well she is coming on and it's just made me feel really proud of her. :D
beagler

Post by beagler »

That sounds like a great place! Glad she enjoyed it.
Nothing better than a tired dog, snoring away in her bed!! :lol:
My little boy makes up his own agility "course" in our back garden for the dogs and they love it.

P.S pics of my boys on the "pics of your dogs" thread
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

ah, been looking for pics of your boys!

Very handsome :)
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

Ah yes. Scrumptious looking!! :lol: