The Funnies Thread...

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Nettle

Re: The Funnies Thread...

Post by Nettle »

Now I feel guilty for having trapped the ones in the cupboard :oops:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
minkee

Post by minkee »

Those mice were brill Erica :)

This site: http://stevedogarty.tumblr.com/ is full of doggy gold! Here are some highlights:

Erica

Post by Erica »

Delta, standard poodle, born 6/30/14
Erica

Post by Erica »

minkee

Post by minkee »

I love the little look up :D I hope it is really just daft dog behaviour though!
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

Minkee, I'm sure that dog is part fainting goat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Either that or the other one has really bad breath!
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

minkee wrote:Image

I love the little look up :D I hope it is really just daft dog behaviour though!

https://www.patriciamcconnell.com/theot ... h-but-what

interesting discussion on this very video.

I personally have seen similar behavior by a Britney spaniel with Jack. though jack wasn't in any way touching his neck, it was usually after he appeared to realize he had gone too far for jack in their play. The very next response to anything jack did was a hugely exaggerated fall over on side as if jack had just given him a solid left cross punch to the jaw.
Erica

Post by Erica »

Very interesting discussion on that link. The more I look at it the more I think it might be a seizure or something of the like - Zeus's leg does the same thing, though his seizures are longer and more intense. I wouldn't rule out play, especially if it's a very motivated dog who's been taught a convincing "play dead" and likes to perform that trick. Marble, since I started teaching her to play dead, is more likely to choose to lay on her side during play, and offers play bows/yoga stretches more often too, no matter the context. In short, I wouldn't be surprised either way. :lol:
Flyby

Post by Flyby »

It's one of these videos you see something different every time. My instinctive reaction (with no longer thought process the real time video), was it was like the behaviour of fainting goats, but not THE behavior of fainting goats. The dog flops, which looks like playful submission to my eye, assumes the play dead posture to invite play with the other dog, then changes the game for chase when playing dead doesn't work. I suppose it could be a seizure, but the tell for me is the look up to see the others dogs reaction, then assuming the same play dead posture a couple of moments longer. I've wavered in that opinion, but I'm now 98% sure thats all play, no seizure, no ailments.

If it is a seizure, then it must be something the dog is very used to, and so common that he doesn't find the seizure remotely disorientating. I don't even detect a moment of "Wha..? Where am I? What happened? I'm sure the dog is having fun and just acting the goat. (groan :P ).
jacksdad

Post by jacksdad »

I don't buy seizure my self. using Jack as a guide, any seizure that takes a dog off his feet would require a few minutes of time to recover in order to get back on his feet. Jack's seizure take him out of the game for up to an hour sometimes even if the actual seizure is only a couple minutes.

I agree that the quick "are you paying attention to me look" is a clue to what is going on.
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

I'm getting a blank page.... :?:
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009
minkee

Post by minkee »

yes, sadly I think you have to be logged into the site to see whatever that attachment is :)
Suzette

Post by Suzette »

JudyN wrote:
I'm getting a blank page.... :?:
Hmm . . . when I go and click on that link, the page comes up for me. I'm sorry it's not opening for you guys. I wish I knew how to fix it . . . :oops:
My avatar is Piper, my sweet Pembroke Corgi. b. 5/11/11
JudyN

Post by JudyN »

Suzette wrote:Hmm . . . when I go and click on that link, the page comes up for me. I'm sorry it's not opening for you guys. I wish I knew how to fix it . . . :oops:
If you're a member there, you're probably automatically logged on which is why you can see it.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009