Victoria in Hampshire (UK) giving Aggression seminar Friday

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BoardHost
Site Admin

Victoria in Hampshire (UK) giving Aggression seminar Friday

Post by BoardHost »

Victoria will be giving a seminar on aggression and related behaviour problems in Hartley Wintney, Hampshire this Friday, January 25 at 7:30pm. Space is limited and reservations are required. If interested, please call or email Emma at School For Paws for more info or to make a reservation (£10):

[email protected]
or
07712 895 513
Last edited by BoardHost on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BoardHost
leafninjasteph

Post by leafninjasteph »

:shock: no fair I live in hampshire and would really love to meet victoria plus I have the day off school then but theres no way I'd be able to go. :cry:
Fab_lab

Post by Fab_lab »

I would like to go and I have sent emma an e-mail fingers cross there still places !!
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Will Victoria be coming any where near Derby any time.
Im no where near Hampshire, so its no good for me :cry:
leafninjasteph

Post by leafninjasteph »

:cry: im so sad i really wish i could go!!my dream is ruined!! :cry:
Fab_lab

Post by Fab_lab »

Many thanks to Victoria and Emma for a very interesting evening
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

Sooo jealous - What did she say? How did it go? !!!
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

Yes - wish i could have got there, if theres any possibility of one further up north I would be up for it!

So what went on Fab-lab?
Fab_lab

Post by Fab_lab »

It was a very friendly evening , we watched a dvd on the behaviour of this little dog who's owner was reading all his body language signs wrong . Victoria pointed out the different signs to watch out for . She gave us other examples of behavioural problems and why they may occur .We had the opportunity to ask question about our own dogs and some of the things they do that some times we wished they did not !
The evening was about improving your relationship with your dog / dogs . It made me understand why my ladrador reacts in the ways she does towards our jack russell - he is a little dog that does not like other dogs / people in his space - and he does not like to be touch much - she gives him the space he seems to need .
We can learn so much from your four legged little friends if only we take the time to sit and watch .
K9 Trainer

Victoria Stilwell evening talk

Post by K9 Trainer »

For all those who came to watch Victoria in Hampshire, I would like to say thank you for your support. We managed to raise £300 for Victoria and she was over the moon.

Also apologies for all those who couldn't make it or missed the opportunity, I will post any more talks on this forum in future or you can watch my website www.schoolforpaws.co.uk.

This is a real opportunity to be able to see her and is at exclusive to school for paws dog training. We hope to see you in the future.

All the best, Emma @ School For Paws. :D
Emma
Victoria
Site Admin

Post by Victoria »

Felt good to be in England again if just for a while. Thanks Emma, it was a lovely evening. We raised a lot of money for Elliott, a deaf dog who jumped from the third floor of an apartment block as he was attempting to chase a bird. His injuries were horrendous and the vets advised that he be put down. His owner however elected to go for surgery and he is now on the mend. However she has been left with extensive vet bills, about seven thousand dollars worth and is not able to pay. She lives on her own and Elliott is her life. So we are raising money for her and through functions like this, will hopefully have the debt paid as soon as possible. Thanks to everyone who came - I hope there was some good information for you all.
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

Oh how terrible, for the poor pooch and for his owner. :(
Lets hope the poor thing mends fully soon, and is in no pain.
I know what its like having a deaf dog, you need eyes up your doodar, let me tell you.

Will you be doing anything else in England any time soon victoria?
If your anywhere near Derby you can allways come over for a cuppa haha, I could pick your brains then :D
Safe journey back to the states. Maggie Ethel and the new boy Derrick
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I could send this dog Reiki Victoria, if you could say which town he lives in, or better still, a photo of him. There are several healers that I know that would also send him healing, it may help. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]