What's your favorite breed?

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Maxy24

What's your favorite breed?

Post by Maxy24 »

Hi! I'm new here, first post and I was just curious as to what your favorite breed of dogs is? Mine is the American Pit Bull terrier and the American Staffordshire terrier. they both have GREAT temperaments, wonderful with all adults and kids, very athletic and goofy, I just LOVE them. It saddens me how so many people hate them because of what the media has done. So what's your favorite breed?
Ocelot0411

Post by Ocelot0411 »

Mine is the Doberman, again because of temperament. Dobies are (in my opinion) the most loyal and affectionate dogs there are. I also like the look of them too as they are very elegant, rather like a thoroughbred race horse.

After the Dobie, I would have to say the Golden retriever, then probably the springer spaniel, but to be honest if it has four legs and 'woofs' then you can pretty much guarantee I will love it.

Welcome to the forum btw and I agree with what you say about certain breeds and their reputation as I think any breed of dog can be a good pet in responsible hands.
Maxy24

Post by Maxy24 »

OMG I LOVE Dobermans. I'm on another dog forum which is full of Dobies and they have to be the most comical dogs I've ever seen. they are the best posers and can be so goofy one second and then so elegant the next they are such great dogs. I met my first two a few weeks ago and got many sloppy kisses. I've unfortunately been put off by Golden's owners, the ones I've met always seem to hate Pitties and think they are vicious and that Goldens can't bite, although many people think that so it could just be coincidence. It also bothers me that everyone think they won't bite. i still love their personalities, my neighbor has one, I've just been put off by their owners. i just can't imagine myself owning a dog that everyone loves because of the breed, I want a dog people are warry of so that I can train him to be an AWESOME dog and show people what their breed SHOULD be like and maybe change a few people's minds about them :)
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

I love sighthounds best, and of those the deerhound, closely followed by the saluki, afghan and azawakh.

I own a deerhound, two lurchers (one tall and smooth the other shorter and hairy), a collie x and a staffie x...

I love them alllllllll but i think the sighthound personality fits with my own best.
Maggie

Post by Maggie »

My fave breed is the Bullterrier... english not staffy
I have allways loved them as they have such characters. They really are like clowns, and have some very odd behaviors, but they are mad and I love them.
Also love the American Bulldog. They are so loyal, and will do anything to please. They are my second fave breed.

Have got to say though that the bullie is my fave above all else. So much so that we might be having another real soon :lol: :lol: :lol:
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

Another one who likes long lanky laid-back far-seeing types.
danabanana

Post by danabanana »

well I love my beagle! She's so friendly and very sweet.

My parents have 2 labs so I will always have a soft spot for them too.

But I would love a Weimaraner I think they are just such beautiful animals - maybe when I have lots of free time and land for it to run around in
thistledown

Post by thistledown »

Owdb1tch wrote:Another one who likes long lanky laid-back far-seeing types.
and the dogs, Owdb1tch? What sort of dogs? :lol: :lol:
katowaggytail

Post by katowaggytail »

I tend to do big dogs with character and brains - I think that's what you would call it! :roll:

My last was a Bouvier Des Flandres and now I have a Rhodesian Ridgeback and previous to that lots of black labs.

Basically I love dogs so big, small, fluffy or smooth suit me! :D
emma-louise

Post by emma-louise »

for looks its got to be alaskan malamutes i would so love to be able to have one.

of course staffys are my fav :wink:

or rotties

well pretty much any bigger dog dont like the little yap yap dogs as i call them :?
click the banner to view our staffordshire bull terrier forum
[url=http://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/][img]http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t7/cliftonfc/sbtlogo.jpg[/img][/url]
Owdb1tch

Post by Owdb1tch »

thistledown wrote:
Owdb1tch wrote:Another one who likes long lanky laid-back far-seeing types.
and the dogs, Owdb1tch? What sort of dogs? :lol: :lol:

PFFFFT :lol:
emmabeth

Post by emmabeth »

*snort*

:lol:
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Been trying to work out which type of dog I prefer but can't, I love them all for different reasons.

I love the way sighthounds are so laid back but will be full of energy when it suits me.

I love the herding breeds because you can't let up on your concentration or they find their own job to do. I love the way they are easy to train and give my brain a rest.

I love the cheakiness of Terriers and they way they test my brain to think of another way to get them to do what I want and not please themselves.

I love shorthaired dogs because they are easy to keep looking nice.

I love the long haired dogs because they look stunning when their coat is looked after properly.

I love the rough coated, they always look like little urchins even when they are large dogs, so cute with their urchin look.

Most of all I love when my 6 are all fast asleep, I don't even mind the snoring unless I am in bed trying to get to sleep. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Bilclarie

Post by Bilclarie »

Not difficult to guess I have 5.
Bilclarie Dobermann's
If it's not a Dobermann it's just a dog
www.bilclarie.com
[img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/bilclarie/untitled.jpg[/img]