What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

JudyN

Re: What are you and your dogs up to today? Part 2

Post by JudyN » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 am

The instruction manual for mine is an online pdf over 250 pages long :shock:

I struggle with focusing. I'm getting better and have managed a few cracking photos of bees on flowers, but I was trying to focus on a shield bug sitting on some catmint that was swaying in the breeze yesterday and it insisted on trying to focus elsewhere. It also interferes with gardening because I'll go out to do some deadheading, spot an interesting insect and rush back in for the camera, only to find - of course - that the insect has disappeared.

One day I'm going to find a dead fly (there's plenty in the conservatory :oops: ), stick it in various locations in the garden and try things out till I work out what works.
Jasper, lurcher, born December 2009

JudyN

Post by JudyN » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:47 am

DS2 & GF have fallen in love with a wedding venue about 40 mins drive from home, with the event running from Friday morning to Sunday lunchtime, where there are lots of self-catering/B&B rooms for guests to stay, surrounding the courtyard where they'll no doubt be carousing into the small hours. Plenty of logistical issues regarding Jasper (who is welcome for the whole event, including the ceremony, meals, carousing, overexcited children running about....) :shock:

Honestly, you'd think the event was all about DS2 and GF, and not revolve completely round Jasper which of course it should :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And then there's Monty... it's all very well asking neighbours to pop in to feed him, but when it comes to litter tray/poo on feet/poo stuck under tail problems which makes cleaning up after a nuclear disaster seem straightforward... I'm really not sure he'll last till next summer (he'd be 22 then) but I said that last summer, and the summer before.

Ari_RR

Post by Ari_RR » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Can’t wait to read the report on Monday morning :lol:
Good luck!
But everyone wants this wedding to be memorable and stand out among all other weddings, right? To have a very special event, one of a kind, nothing else like it... With Jasper in attendance, this will be taken care of! I am sure no one will ever forget this wedding! :lol:
Ari, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Sept 2010 - Dec 2018.
Miles, Rhodesian Ridgeback, b. Nov 2018

Nettle

Post by Nettle » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:35 am

Waiting with baited breath also :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS

JudyN

Post by JudyN » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:33 am

It should be fine...... We're so used to avoiding potential problems, and because he can flip from 'I love you and can I have your wedding cake?' to... well, yeah.... :shock: so quickly, we err on the side of safety, especially when children are involved. Actually, I think all the children will be GF's relations so I can ask her to ask their parents to have a quiet word with their children about the strange dog...

Hopefully, at worst, we'll have people wondering about the strange couple who insisted on bringing their dog despite the fact he has to be muzled the whole time, and then spending all their time sitting away from the rest of the wedding party or disappearing for walks... and the mother of the groom wearing walking boots with her posh frock :lol:

We'll inspect the accommodation before we book and aim to choose somewhere as far away from the hullaballoo as possible... but if the worst comes to the worst, we can always come back here for the night despite having paid for the accommodation, then return the next day.

We might end up having to come here more than once anyway - DS1 has ME/CFS and no way will he manage three days of festivities. Three hours more like.

All of which means we'll have to stay sober :shock:

Oh, also... DS2 has reported that there's one low wall round the courtyard where you can see rabbits in the next field :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nettle

Post by Nettle » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:01 am

Whoops.........
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS