Dangers To Your Pet
While there are all kinds of dangers your pet could be exposed to, here are some of the most common dangers that often go overlooked:
This type of flexible leash has become widespread and extremely popular, but they can pose a significant safety hazard to dogs and people.
- Dogs can easily run into the street at the end of a retractable leash, as the person has no control over the dog’s direction or movements.
- Certain types of retractable leashes can cause severe burns or other injuries to your dog or to your arms and hands.
- Retractable leashes can strangle your dog, especially if he were to get away from you and panic.
Dogs cannot regulate their body temperature as well as humans, so extremely hot and extremely cold temperatures both pose a health risk to your dog.
- Never leave your dog in a hot car unattended.
- Your dogs should live primarily indoors, particularly during weather that is not mild to moderate.
There are all kinds of dangers lurking around your house that can be harmful or even fatal to your dog if ingested. Learn more about poisons.
- Christmas Dangers to Your Pet
- Canine Influenza
- Victoria’s Top 10 Halloween Safety Tips
- Victoria’s Advice to Reduce Pet Anxiety During Natural Disasters
Do people respond differently to Pitbull type dogs? Holly and Victoria are joined by Heather Paul to start off this new year of...
Advocating for Animals – Victoria and Holly are joined by actor and animal activist, Peter Egan to discuss dogs, moon bears and...
Victoria is joined by dog behaviour expert and a driving force behind the UK Dog Behaviour & Training Charter Andrew Hale to...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- 2021 Dog Behavior Conference Announced
- Why I’m Not a Purely Positive Dog Trainer
- Becoming a Dog Trainer
- Social Bullying
- Does Your Dog Respect You?