Dangers To Your Pet
While there are all kinds of dangers your pet could be exposed to, here are some of the most common dangers that often go overlooked:
This type of flexible leash has become widespread and extremely popular, but they can pose a significant safety hazard to dogs and people.
- Dogs can easily run into the street at the end of a retractable leash, as the person has no control over the dog’s direction or movements.
- Certain types of retractable leashes can cause severe burns or other injuries to your dog or to your arms and hands.
- Retractable leashes can strangle your dog, especially if he were to get away from you and panic.
Dogs cannot regulate their body temperature as well as humans, so extremely hot and extremely cold temperatures both pose a health risk to your dog.
- Never leave your dog in a hot car unattended.
- Your dogs should live primarily indoors, particularly during weather that is not mild to moderate.
There are all kinds of dangers lurking around your house that can be harmful or even fatal to your dog if ingested. Learn more about poisons.
- Christmas Dangers to Your Pet
- Canine Influenza
- Victoria’s Top 10 Halloween Safety Tips
- Victoria’s Advice to Reduce Pet Anxiety During Natural Disasters
Season 6 ends with a bang as Holly and Victoria reveal two brand new releases that listeners will be able to enjoy.
Victoria and Holly chat about the Victoria Stilwell Academy and the latest news from the program. They also answer your most...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Letter From The Dog
- VSA’s First UK Course Is Complete. Who’s Next...
- Why I’m Not (and never have been) a Purely...
- Why I Love VSA
- Introducing the Newly-Redesigned Positively...