Dangers To Your Pet
While there are all kinds of dangers your pet could be exposed to, here are some of the most common dangers that often go overlooked:
This type of flexible leash has become widespread and extremely popular, but they can pose a significant safety hazard to dogs and people.
- Dogs can easily run into the street at the end of a retractable leash, as the person has no control over the dog’s direction or movements.
- Certain types of retractable leashes can cause severe burns or other injuries to your dog or to your arms and hands.
- Retractable leashes can strangle your dog, especially if he were to get away from you and panic.
Dogs cannot regulate their body temperature as well as humans, so extremely hot and extremely cold temperatures both pose a health risk to your dog.
- Never leave your dog in a hot car unattended.
- Your dogs should live primarily indoors, particularly during weather that is not mild to moderate.
There are all kinds of dangers lurking around your house that can be harmful or even fatal to your dog if ingested. Learn more about poisons.
- Christmas Dangers to Your Pet
- Canine Influenza
- Victoria’s Top 10 Halloween Safety Tips
- Victoria’s Advice to Reduce Pet Anxiety During Natural Disasters
What do the Beatles, Rolling Stones and Long Lost Family have to do with dogs? BAFTA winning radio and TV presenter, Nicky...
Obedience training has long been the accepted path to teaching dogs’ manners, but the concept of obedience might be doing dogs a...
What is Free Work and how do dogs benefit? Dog behaviour expert Sarah Fisher joins Holly and Victoria to discuss how Free Work is...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Becoming a Dog Trainer
- Social Bullying
- Does Your Dog Respect You?
- Differences Between Male and Female Dogs
- The Reactive Dog