Teaching a dog to 'roll over ' is a fun and easy trick that can be fun for both you and your dog. Remember, keep trick training light, fun, and fast.
How to Teach Your Dog to Roll Over
- Start with your dog in a down position.
- Hold a treat in front of his nose.
- When he takes notice, move the food away from his mouth, so he cannot snatch it.
- Move it down his body past his front leg and back over his lying body.
- His head will follow the food morsel, forcing him to roll over in order to get it.
- When he completes this action, give him the food and praise him.
- You will need to do this several times until he learns that roll over is something you enjoy him doing.
- This might require returning later to practice the trick every time, since praise and food treats tend to get a dog excited and moving around.
The rescue of 180 Chihuahuas sparks a larger conversation on how to transition dogs from crisis situations into homes.
How do dogs perceive sound and can music help dogs suffering with separation anxiety and aggression? Joshua Leeds and Alynn...
How does sound help reduce canine anxiety and can music really help prevent and reduce canine fear and noise phobias? Sound...