Tips to Help with Your Allergies to Animals
To some, it comes as a surprise when they learn that they are allergic to certain types of animals. This can become even more of a challenge when different family members are allergic to different types of animals. In our household, my wife is allergic to most dogs and I’m allergic to most cats. We have learned that there are certain breeds within cats and dogs that are more hyper-allergenic than others. However, this doesn’t always solve the problem. Especially when we learned the breeds we already have as part of your family are one’s that we are allergic to.
In addition to daily over-the-counter antihistamines, which I’m not a big fan of, here are a few tips to controlling allergies to animals that have worked for us:
- Consider taking some homeopathic remedies that focus on allergies and sinus problems. I have experienced positive results with homeopathic remedies made by Newton Homeopathic or Bach Flower Essences.
- Flush your sinuses, before and after being around animals, with a warm saline solution. Any brand will work but I particularly favor using the Simply Saline brand.
- Wash your hands and face thoroughly after holding or petting animals.
- Change your clothes and take a shower when spending a lot of time around your animals. This will allow your sinuses to open and drain and wash away any allergens you collected on your skin or clothes.
- Meditate and ask that all of your chakras be open and aligned in order to have a totally open visit with the animal. Envision a white light flowing through your body and clearing all blockages from each of your chakras. Hold the intention that nothing will interfere with your enjoying your animals…including your itchy nose!
- If you practice any energy modality like Reiki, T-Touch, Healing Touch, Quantum-Touch or Vortex Healing, make sure you activate and align your energy before being near animals. Run the energy through each of your charkas and around your whole body. This will help keep your energy in balance and your body in alignment. This should help to protect you from any unwanted allergens entering your body.
- Stay out of any areas of the house where allergens tend to collect. This includes rugs, carpets, curtains and upholstery. Spend most of your time on surfaces that are easily mopped and often cleaned like tile or hardwood floors.
- Avoid playing with the animal’s toys. Toys are rarely, if ever, cleaned or washed. They could harbor many types of bacteria, saliva from the animal and animal dander.
Hopefully some, if not all, of these tips will help you in controlling the allergies that you may have to some of the animals in your life or one’s that you encounter.
Season 6 ends with a bang as Holly and Victoria reveal two brand new releases that listeners will be able to enjoy.
Victoria and Holly chat about the Victoria Stilwell Academy and the latest news from the program. They also answer your most...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Why ‘Dominance’ Shouldn’t Be a...
- Isn’t It Amazing?
- Letter From The Dog
- VSA’s First UK Course Is Complete. Who’s Next...
- Why I’m Not (and never have been) a Purely...