Pumpkin & Banana Dog Treats – Grain and Dairy Free!
It's the time of the year when we're surrounded by pumpkin everything: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkins turned into Jack-o-Lanterns, you name it. Everyone's enjoying the fun of Fall, so why shouldn't our dogs get in on the fun, too?
These pumpkin and banana dog treats are not only delicious, but they're also healthy. I love being able to offer my girl Nike a yummy cookie that's both grain free and dairy free. She's not so concerned about the healthiness of the treat; she just wants as many as I'm willing to give her.
That said, you won't mind giving your mutt a lot of these cute little goodies. Check out this fun and simple recipe (just 3 ingredients!), and then whip up a batch just in time for Halloween. They're also great for Thanksgiving, too!
1 ripe banana
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut flour
1) Preheat oven to 350 F.
2) Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix well until combined.
3) Next, place dough on parchment paper and knead until no longer crumbly.
4) Using a rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
5) Cut treats using these adorable heart shaped cookie cutters or even this cute pumpkin cookie cutters, which are perfect for the season, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
6) Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool completely before sharing.
7) Store uneaten treats in airtight container for 4 days or in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Be sure to download my totally free, totally adorable printable recipe card, perfect for saving your favorite pet recipes! Enjoy!
Advocating for Animals – Victoria and Holly are joined by actor and animal activist, Peter Egan to discuss dogs, moon bears and...
Victoria is joined by dog behaviour expert and a driving force behind the UK Dog Behaviour & Training Charter Andrew Hale to...
The rescue of 180 Chihuahuas sparks a larger conversation on how to transition dogs from crisis situations into homes.
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- 2021 Dog Behavior Conference Announced
- Why I’m Not a Purely Positive Dog Trainer
- Becoming a Dog Trainer
- Social Bullying
- Does Your Dog Respect You?