Make the Perfect Easter Basket for Your Dog
Growing up I loved getting spoiled by
my parents the Easter Bunny with a full Easter Basket every spring. Now that I am a Dog Mom to an adorable Beagle mix, I think that it is only fair to spoil Luna with an Easter Basket that is just as impressive.
The first and only requirement to make the Perfect Easter Basket is to make sure that the Easter Basket is full. Filled to the brim is acceptable, but of course overflowing is preferred.
What you fill your dog's basket with is up to you, but here are some ideas:
- Soft Toys for snuggling
- High Quality Food to keep hungry bellies full
- Food Dispensing Toys or Puzzles to bust boredom
- Ball or Another Toy to play outside together and enjoy the spring weather!
- Training Treats to learn a new trick or brush up on an old one
- Dental Chews to keep those pearly whites healthy
- New Collar and Leash for a fresh look
- Special Treat or Chew - Himalayan Chew or Bully Stick
- Easter Eggs Full of Treats - Great for an Easter Egg Hunt!
When assembling your dog's Easter Basket, keep these helpful tips in mind:
- Use holiday sales as an opportunity to stock up on your dog's favorites. It will make the basket fuller and you can always save some gifts for later this spring!
- Remove packaging and cut off tags before allowing your dog to unpack the basket.
- Don't be afraid to try something new!
- Photograph or take video of your dog opening their basket. Share it on Twitter or Instagram with #EasterDog.
- Pick up something small to donate to a local shelter or rescue.
- If you missed Easter Sunday, don't fret. Your dog won't mind celebrating a day late and you can pick up a new Easter Basket at a clearance price!
For more Easter fun from Jessica and Luna, visit Beagles & Bargains.
Aly and Victoria discuss how you can make your dog feel more comfortable during the holidays. Whether your dog is shy of people or...
In this podcast, Victoria and Aly share great ideas on how to provide enrichment for your dog when it’s cold outside. Aly shares...
Victoria is joined by Victoria Stilwell Academy's Curriculum Manager, Aly Lecznar, to talk about VSA's newly-launched Online Dog...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Do What You Love
- Why ‘Dominance’ Shouldn’t Be a...
- Isn’t It Amazing?
- Letter From The Dog
- VSA’s First UK Course Is Complete. Who’s Next...