Holiday Time at the Shelter!
Animal shelters are the cornerstone of animal welfare in our communities and they desperately need our help 365 days a year but especially during the holiday season. Here are a few of the many ways in which you can help your community shelter throughout the holiday season and into the New Year:
- Donate toys, bowls and enrichment items to the animals that will spend the holidays in the shelter.
- Have some extra blankets and/or towels? Clean out the linen closet and donate your unwanted items to provide bedding for shelter animals during the cold winter months.
- Staying at home this season? Consider volunteering at the local shelter. Many shelters will be short on staff and volunteers due to holiday travel. This is a wonderful time for animal advocates to provide much needed help with hands on care, website maintenance, adoption counseling, event planning, transport, the list goes on! Ask shelter staff where you can be most helpful.
- Make a donation to the animal shelter on behalf of a friend as a holiday gift. Better yet donate a spay/neuter voucher for your local low cost spay/neuter clinic.
- Post flyers in busy shopping areas highlighting adoptable animals in the local shelter.
- Remind all friends and family that there are many shelter animals looking for families. Don’t shop! ADOPT!
The holidays do not have to be a lonely time for shelter animals. As animal advocates we want to help as many animals as possible. Your local animal shelter is a great place to start! As a community we can make a difference.
Season 6 ends with a bang as Holly and Victoria reveal two brand new releases that listeners will be able to enjoy.
Victoria and Holly chat about the Victoria Stilwell Academy and the latest news from the program. They also answer your most...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Why ‘Dominance’ Shouldn’t Be a...
- Isn’t It Amazing?
- Letter From The Dog
- VSA’s First UK Course Is Complete. Who’s Next...
- Why I’m Not (and never have been) a Purely...