Ginger Apple Cookies for Dogs
Something that's really important to me as a dog mom is knowing exactly what is in the food and treats that I give my girls, Nike and Sadie. Not only do I want to make sure that what they're eating is wholesome and nutritious, but I also need to confidently know that the ingredients are fresh, pure, and whenever possible, locally sourced.
One sure fire way of knowing exactly what I'm feeding my dogs is to cook and bake for them in my very own kitchen. One of my favorite past-times is creating fun new treats for my girls and then sharing them with my readers at The Lazy Pit Bull. Today we're so excited to have the opportunity to share a great recipe with Victoria's fans!
These Ginger Apple Cookies were a huge hit with Nike and Sadie, and I'm betting your dogs will love them, too. Bonus: they're quick and easy to make, and the result is a healthy treat for your mutts.
1 c brown rice or wheat flour, your preference
1/2 c diced apple
2/3 c plain Greek yogurt
1/2 t fresh minced ginger OR 1 t ground ginger
1 T coconut oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
3) Turn mixture out on a floured flat surface and roll out to approximately 1/4 inch thick.
4) Cut into shape using cookie cutters and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. If you don't want to use cookie cutters, simply make small dough balls.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Store uneaten cookies in a cute treat jar for up to one week.
As a special thank you for welcoming us into the Positively.com family, we'd like to offer you a little gift: this cute printable (and editable) recipe card for all those delicious treat recipes for your pets! Just download your freebie and enjoy!
Aly and Victoria discuss how you can make your dog feel more comfortable during the holidays. Whether your dog is shy of people or...
In this podcast, Victoria and Aly share great ideas on how to provide enrichment for your dog when it’s cold outside. Aly shares...
Victoria is joined by Victoria Stilwell Academy's Curriculum Manager, Aly Lecznar, to talk about VSA's newly-launched Online Dog...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Should We Even Talk To ‘The Other...
- It’s Me or the Dog Free on YouTube!
- Do What You Love
- Why ‘Dominance’ Shouldn’t Be a...
- Isn’t It Amazing?