Ginger Apple Cookies for Dogs
Something that's really important to me as a dog mom is knowing exactly what is in the food and treats that I give my girls, Nike and Sadie. Not only do I want to make sure that what they're eating is wholesome and nutritious, but I also need to confidently know that the ingredients are fresh, pure, and whenever possible, locally sourced.
One sure fire way of knowing exactly what I'm feeding my dogs is to cook and bake for them in my very own kitchen. One of my favorite past-times is creating fun new treats for my girls and then sharing them with my readers at The Lazy Pit Bull. Today we're so excited to have the opportunity to share a great recipe with Victoria's fans!
These Ginger Apple Cookies were a huge hit with Nike and Sadie, and I'm betting your dogs will love them, too. Bonus: they're quick and easy to make, and the result is a healthy treat for your mutts.
1 c brown rice or wheat flour, your preference
1/2 c diced apple
2/3 c plain Greek yogurt
1/2 t fresh minced ginger OR 1 t ground ginger
1 T coconut oil
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
3) Turn mixture out on a floured flat surface and roll out to approximately 1/4 inch thick.
4) Cut into shape using cookie cutters and place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. If you don't want to use cookie cutters, simply make small dough balls.
5) Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
6) Store uneaten cookies in a cute treat jar for up to one week.
As a special thank you for welcoming us into the Positively.com family, we'd like to offer you a little gift: this cute printable (and editable) recipe card for all those delicious treat recipes for your pets! Just download your freebie and enjoy!
Victoria and Holly ring in the new year with a special guest in studio and discussing several of the new projects and developments...
Special Boxing Day episode finds Victoria explaining what’s special about December 26th to Holly as well as a discussion about...
Victoria shares the gifts she’s celebrating this holiday season, including the success of the #LucysLaw campaign, California’s...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Why ‘Dominance’ Shouldn’t Be a...
- Isn’t It Amazing?
- Letter From The Dog
- VSA’s First UK Course Is Complete. Who’s Next...
- Why I’m Not (and never have been) a Purely...