Easy Organic Chicken Treats For Your Favorite Cat
Nothing says love like healthy homemade treats and this quick and easy recipe is my favorite. It contain100% chicken. No additives, fillers, carbs or chemicals. The secret ingredient is one you won’t get in store bought product: love!
Top quality organic and 100% protein cat treats can be expensive but making your own is not only cost effective but fresher and healthier.
- Take 1 lb. of fresh organic free-range boneless chicken breast and freeze until firm but not frozen (about two hours). This makes the chicken easier to cut.
- Preheat oven to 200°F is equal to 93.33°C
- Oil a large cookie sheet. My current favorite is coconut oil.
- With a large, sharp chef’s knife slice thin chunks. Then cut into smaller pieces. about 1 inch square.
- Place chicken pieces on baking sheet without touching each other.
- Sprinkle with sea salt (about half a tsp.)
- Bake for 2 hours or until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and once cooled, transfer to an airtight storage container.
- They will keep refrigerated for 2 weeks or can be frozen.
The treats can be broken into smaller pieces especially when offered as a high value training treat. These treats are healthy but not a meal replacement. Limit treats to a couple a day. While the treats are cooling on the counter, the smell will be irresistible so keep your kitties away.
P.S. Dogs love them too!
By holistic cat behaviorist Layla Morgan Wilde of Cat Wisdom 101
Victoria is joined by Victoria Stilwell Academy's Curriculum Manager, Aly Lecznar, to talk about VSA's newly-launched Online Dog...
Victoria and Holly ring in the new year with a special guest in studio and discussing several of the new projects and developments...
Special Boxing Day episode finds Victoria explaining what’s special about December 26th to Holly as well as a discussion about...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- Do What You Love
- Why ‘Dominance’ Shouldn’t Be a...
- Isn’t It Amazing?
- Letter From The Dog
- VSA’s First UK Course Is Complete. Who’s Next...