3 Truths About Canadian Celebrity Cat Atchoum
There’s a new celebrity cat in the spotlight. Atchoum (French for sneezy ) is a Canadian kitty who lives near Montreal, Quebec. What making everyone so wild about this cat? The arresting soul-piercing stare and out of control furs and whiskers for starters. It’s not his fault he looks weird and wild. He has a rare condition called hypertrichosis which makes his fur grow faster and fuller than normal. The growing legions of Atchoum Fans on Facebook and Instagram, are lapping it up and wanting more.
- Atchoum is Hairy, Not Scary! His wild appearance is deceptive. His owner Nathalie Cote say he’s sweet, friendly and just like any normal cat.
- Atchoum is Happy and Healthy. Despite the hormonal condition of hypertrichosis causing rapid hair growth, Atchoum is otherwise healthy. His eyes are an intense shade of amber but are more wise than evil and not the “death stare” as widely reported.
- Atchoum is still a kitten. He may look grizzled but is actually young. Atchoum turns one- year-old next month. Expect a big birthday party and maybe a new hair-do.
Dogs share a common ancestor – the wolf – but how did wolves turn into dogs and what can we learn from wolves that might help...
Aggression is a serious behavior issue that is all too common in our domestic dogs. Aggression expert Michael Shikashio joins...
Why do dogs become anxious when home alone and how can this be prevented? Dog trainer Lisa Waggoner joins Victoria and Holly for...
Articles from Victoria Stilwell
- 2021 Dog Behavior Conference Announced
- Why I’m Not a Purely Positive Dog Trainer
- Becoming a Dog Trainer
- Social Bullying
- Does Your Dog Respect You?