Anthony De Marinis

Anthony De Marinis, VSA-DT, VSPDT, CAT-ICAN

I have ALWAYS loved dogs!

It all started when I was a Manhasset Middle School student and volunteered for a local veterinarian. What began as part-time work soon blossomed into a lifelong passion; it is an incredible experience to be a part of a dog’s life. ​​​​

Fast-forwarding to today...I am a Certified Victoria Stilwell Licensed Positively Dog Trainer (VSPDT), hand selected by celebrity dog trainer Victoria Stilwell. Prior to becoming a VSPDT I attended the Victoria Stilwell Academy For Dog Training & Behavior (VSA) where I graduated with distinction. While enrolled at VSA I learned about:

• Positive Reinforcement Training Methods
  • Learning Theory
  • Canine Cognition
  • Canine Communication & Body Language
  • Sensory Education
  • Canine Emotion & Behavior
  • Along with many other related topics

I am a Fear Free Certified Animal Trainer, a certification that focuses on fear free and low stress handling techniques in the home, vet office and the groomer. I am a Certified Animal Trainer (CAT) through the International Companion Animal Network which is an organization designed to promote and certify positive reinforcement professionals. I have a certificate from New York City’s Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in Animal Care & Handling (ID# 15-ACT 283), I’m a member of the Pet Professional Guild (PPG) and a member of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC).

In 2011, I graduated Cum Laude from Curry College with a bachelor of arts degree in business communication.

I love what I do and the way I do it. I especially love providing behavior modification services because I love the feeling of helping owners and their dogs live a better life together. My philosophy is "I train dogs the way I train my own.”

tweet it post it Share It Plus It Print It

Positively Dog Training Episode 803

Aly and Victoria discuss how you can make your dog feel more comfortable during the holidays. Whether your dog is shy of people or...

Positively Dog Training Episode 802

In this podcast, Victoria and Aly share great ideas on how to provide enrichment for your dog when it’s cold outside. Aly shares...

Positively Dog Training Episode 801

Victoria is joined by Victoria Stilwell Academy's Curriculum Manager, Aly Lecznar, to talk about VSA's newly-launched Online Dog...