As a country burdened with poverty, war, and immense suffering, it's rare to find a beacon of hope in Afghanistan. And yet the Nowzad Animal Shelter in Kabul is just that. The shelter was founded by Louise Hastie, a former British soldier. She has operated the shelter for six years with a team of Afghan nationals, and has saved thousands of animals during that time.
- Tips For a Successful Adoption
- K-9 Officer Rescues Unwanted Puppies
- Photographer's Work Saves Shelter Dogs
- Shelter Dogs Shine with Celebrity Names
- Victoria Gets Hands-On in Massive GA Puppy Mill Bust
- The Beautiful Life of a Paralyzed Dog