Positively Podcast Episode 316
Victoria and Holly preview the Superbowl, then discuss the recent story from Houston where a child climbed over a fence and was killed by a dog that was chained up. Also: Victoria's upcoming Miami Dog Bite Prevention conference on April 26. Victoria and Holly talk to Family Paws Parent Education founder Jennifer Shryock on the Positively hotline about the Houston story, the National Canine Research Council, what makes tethered/chained dogs dangerous, the Dogs & Storks and Dog & Baby Connection programs, the Liam Perk Foundation, Doggone Safe, and how dogs give us clues about how they're feeling.
Ask Victoria questions include:
- An otherwise healthy dog who has begun peeing in the house despite the only change in the environment being a new bathroom remodeling
- A 7 year old min-pin who wakes up 3-4 times per night to eat
- The fallacies of the concept of 'calm submission' and supposedly 'calm submissive states'
Also, contest details about how to Win a personalized copy of Victoria's new book, Train Your Dog Positively. Email a photo of your big dog to email@example.com to enter.
- Podcast contest: Listen to the podcast and check out this page to see dogs who don't realize how big they really are, then to enter for a chance to win a signed copy of Victoria's new book, Train Your Dog Positively, email a photo of your big dog to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Doggone Safe
- Family Paws Parent Education
- Dog & Baby Support Hotline: (877) 247-3407
- Miami Dog Bite Prevention Conference (April 26)
- Pre-order Victoria's new book