Pomeranian feeding

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

vampy

Pomeranian feeding

Post by vampy »

Hi all, hve a quick question and i hope you can help.
I have a year old pom and i have only had her for 2 weeks, the previous owners were feeding her 2x a day and were only walking her once a day. Admittidly she was a bit pudgy when i got her so i have been feeding her once a day nd taking her on longer wlk (30min) in the morning and then a shroter walk in the evening (10-15 min) she does not seem hungery and she eats all her food in the morning ( i feed her about a cup of food). am i doing the right thing or should i be feeding her 2x day??? please help i only want the best for my girl ( Karma) :(
Nettle

Re: Pomeranian feeding

Post by Nettle »

It will be easier for both of you if you feed the same sized meal you have been feeding, but split into two so she has two meals a day but no more food.

As she loses weight you can increase the walking. Always walk before feeding not after, and don't feed immediately you return. You might consider giving her some of her food in a kong so it takes her longer to eat and she has to work for it.

Well done for taking her on and tackling the weight issue - so many people are in total denial about their fat dogs, but you have immediately addressed what needs doing :)
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS