bouts of serious diarrhoea and vomiting

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

karenward0202

bouts of serious diarrhoea and vomiting

Post by karenward0202 »

on the 14th december we took Samson 6mth springer spaniel to the vet as he had very bad vomiting and diarrhoea in the morning, at times both at the same time. The vet said he had temperature and gave him antivomiting injection, antibiotics and some canikur pro paste. Told us to feed him chicken and rice for 2 days and see how he went. He soon got better had all the medication ( we had some paste left over ) he has been fine since until 1pm today.He went to the toilet this morning and was fine then at 1pm today i took him on his walk and he had serious diarrhoea again really bad, but was still happily bounding about in the snow ??? He has had no vomiting since the first occasion on 14th . I have called our vet who has advised us not to worry and we have some more canikur pro paste to go and collect later on ( i have given him the remaining paste already ) and to go back to bland diet for next 2 days . . She said to take him in ASAP if the vomiting starts again and if the diarrhoea hasnt stopped by xmas eve? I am really concerned that this could be something more serious as it got better then this happens today ? His food is what his breeder gave us (CSJ puppy food ) and told us to continue on until after he was 6 months then move onto the adult version of the same brand . He doesnt have too many treats and hasnt eaten anything he shouldnt as far as i know. The vet felt for stones or anything unusual on the initial visit and weighed him 12kg ?? should i be worried ?

having said that he has just been sick so am taking him straight to the vet now
karenward0202

Re: bouts of serious diarrhoea and vomiting

Post by karenward0202 »

just got back, vet has taken some blood samples and has given us some panacur wormer ( he isnt due to be wormed again until jan so i thought he was up to date on that ) and some stomorgyl 10 antibiotics. we will see what the blood tests say tomorrow hopefully !!!