Bad Tummy...

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

AfroAngel

Bad Tummy...

Post by AfroAngel »

2 weeks ago my 6month old puppy had a runny bum and vomiting. She was bright but I took her to the vet anyway... he recommended 24hrs starvation and a course of antibiotics. She was right as rain the next day. I wormed her just to be on the safe side on Monday.
She again has a runny bum today. I can't think of anything she's eaten and she is bright and happy.
She is fed twice a day on Arden Grange large puppy food.
Any ideas what is going on with her? The vet wasn't too concerned but it can't be nice for the puppy and it really isn't nice for me to clean up :lol:

Thanx in advance x
ladybug1802

Re: Bad Tummy...

Post by ladybug1802 »

Mmm...Dylan used to get runny tummy on and off when he was fed James Wellbeloved food. I just used to feed him light food for 24 hours...I always havce some of those frozen fish fillets in the freezer so give him a couple of them or chicken and rice. I changed him to Arden Grange Sensitive food though and he has been fine for the last 6 months....think he has had one occasion where he has a dodgy tummy but that was I think due to too much cheese and peanut butter in his frozen kong!

However, the vomiting, if this happens again, I would be more concerned with if that continues....but you indicate she hasnt been vomiting again?

I am surprised the vet gave antibiotics tho.....if the dog is vomiting and has a dodgy tummy not only with they not make any difference anyway, but even if they did are likely to be thrown up anyway. Maybe thats just my view....what does anyone else think? Obviously i am not a vet tho!
AfroAngel

Re: Bad Tummy...

Post by AfroAngel »

No, no vomiting this time...
I didn't understand the antibiotics either but I waited a day or so till she was feeling better to start them so that at least if they could help they would!