"He Just Wants to Say Hi!" article moved

Valuable training articles posted by Victoria and other Positively members.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Noobs

"He Just Wants to Say Hi!" article moved

Post by Noobs »

Remember that article many of us loved from Flying Dog Press "He Just Wants to Say Hi!" regarding dogs (and people) without manners? The site seems to have gotten refurbished and articles have been moved around, filenames changed, etc. So here is the new link to the article. Old timers will still appreciate its message, and newbies and those who as yet haven't seen it will hopefully bookmark or print it for future use.
He Just Wants To Say "Hi!"
Aggression or appropriate response to rudeness? Far too many dogs suffer because handlers & trainers don't know the difference between the two.

By Suzanne Clothier

Sitting quietly on the mall bench beside my husband, I was minding my own business when the man approached. I glanced up as the man sat next to me. He was a bit close for my comfort, so I edged a little closer to my husband who, busy reading a book, ignored me. Still feeling a bit uncomfortable with the strange man so close, I then turned my head slightly away from him, politely indicating I was not interested in any interaction. To my horror, the man leaned over me and began licking my neck while rudely groping me.

When I screamed and pushed him away, my trouble really began. My husband angrily threw me to the ground, yelling at me "Why did you do that? He was only trying to be friendly and say hi! What a touchy b itch you are! You're going to have to learn to behave better in public."
Read the rest here!
http://flyingdogpress.com/content/view/42/97/
Nettle

Re: "He Just Wants to Say Hi!" article moved

Post by Nettle »

Thank you - that is SUCH a good article.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS