AY CHIHUAHUA!

Share your favorite training tips, ideas and methods with other Positively members!

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

purplepan

AY CHIHUAHUA!

Post by purplepan »

new here and not too sure how things work but basically, I have 2 chihuahuas and they're a bit of a handful at times. They're not related but 2 weeks apart in age and about 1.5 years old now. And they have a whole set of different problems.

the little boy:
He's spoiled beyond belief... and he's got a whole lot of personality and character. I'm not really sure where it all came from, but he's mean, I guess in the chihuahua spirit. He growls and actually becomes extremely violent with my family and my other dog when he is disturbed from whatever he is doing. He will growl and bite when... he is woken up from sleeping, picked up when he doesn't want to be, thinks his food is jeopardized by my other dog, people scratch themselves, long sticks, rolls of newspaper, brooms... everything... :shock: eep. well and he's not really house broken, he doesn't lift to urinate yet, he's afraid to walk outside (ny's a bit too loud for him), and the killer.. he LOVES to eat poo... especially the kinds stray cats leave in our yard. :evil: and I guess lastly, he becomes incredibly mean and possessive with food and in general, and has broken skin many times when biting.

well.. and the little girl:
she's nice and really shy and very scared... and as a result, she barks like CRAZY! and doesn't stop. she can't calm down when people come over, if they reach to hold/pet her she will cry and sometimes wet herself if they chase her, she is basically house broken, she pees on her pad and goes in the tub, and is fine walking outside. She is also incredibly greedy... she loves to eat and whenever we sit down to eat she jumps uncontrollably up and down bouncing off your leg at the dinner table and will not calm down until she gets food.
this is A LOT... i know... but I need to start somewhere i guess. I just graduated from school so I'm home again but everyone is really busy and they hardly get to go out for walks... i know this is horrible and they are too old for their training pads, so I guess most of all we want to get them off the pads.