VIDEO: "Kill All Pit Bulls" (from ABC24, Memphis, TN)

Get to know other Positively members here.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

wvvdiup1

VIDEO: "Kill All Pit Bulls" (from ABC24, Memphis, TN)

Post by wvvdiup1 »

How sickening is this? You have to watch the video to see this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... -froCK9JmI
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
CarolineLovesDogs

Re: VIDEO: "Kill All Pit Bulls" (from ABC24, Memphis, TN)

Post by CarolineLovesDogs »

I can't watch this video- not working on my end- but it sounds absolutely horrid! What a loser whoever made it or whatever it is about. It breaks my heart.
rnor1120

Post by rnor1120 »

My home state of Ohio just recently lifted the statewide breed ban on pit bulls. They took some of the "pit bull" dogs at the shelter and did DNA tests on them. Here's what they found:

Sad really. Sad that these dogs are being unjustly euthanized and that real pit bulls are being unjustly euthanized.

Now granted, I know that these DNA tests aren't accurate, but it just goes to show you how hard it is to pick out the true pit bulls. I'm a second/third year vet student and pit bull owner, and I can't even tell that those aren't true pits.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

I can't read the piece, and you are right - DNA testing is hopelessly inaccurate at the moment. The pit is a type not a breed, and its baselines were labrador and staffordshire bull terrier, among others, so if DNA WERE accurate, that's what you'd be coming up with. DNA test any number of 'breeds' and you'll come up with some very strange 'results'.

Unfortunately it's another load of emotive drivel which does the Pit no good at all. Treat people like idiots and some of them will be annoyed enough not to believe anything from the same source.

There is so much in the Pit that deserves publicity, and it's exasperating to have something like this instead. Honestly, with friends like this, the Pit doesn't need enemies.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS