What could this be? Please help!!

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

pmcrae71

What could this be? Please help!!

Post by pmcrae71 »

Well, I haven't been able to take him to the vet, very short on funds, but Connor has these white spots on his hind quarters going up his sides. There is no flaking or scaling, no red marks of any kind, no pimples or bumps, just white spots and the fur is gone. He doesn't seem to be scratching at them at all. I have looked up every website I can find and searched images of both and the spots don't look like anything I've seen online.

I thought, at first, that it was ringworm because the kitten had it when we first got him, and Connor liked to eat his poop, I have been using anti fungal cream on Connor for about 4 days now, twice a day, and the spots don't seem to be getting any better. The kitten was treated for the worms about 3 months ago and these spots on Connor just started to appear in the past 3-4 weeks.

Any ideas as too what this could be?

BTW, if it matters, Connor is a 3 yr old Min Pin
***Melissa***

Re: What could this be? Please help!!

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I'm sorry, I have no idea what that could be, but wondered whether it will be possible for you to take some piccies of the spots and put them up?
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
pmcrae71

Re: What could this be? Please help!!

Post by pmcrae71 »

I'll try to get some pics up of this. He doesn't like the camera too much so that's going to be a chore. I'll try to get them up this afternoon.