Dogs are limping

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

kralicki

Dogs are limping

Post by kralicki »

Both of my guys began limping and I am worried. I called the vet and she will see them Wednesday but I am curious as to what would cause it.
She said perhaps Lyme but I find it hard to believe that both dogs would exhibit symptoms at the same time.
They have been running a lot to chase squirrels. Down stairs, through the brush...could they have just pulled muscles? They are approx 2 to 3 years old and in good health. They are not panting and let me examine them with no problem. I have not found any hot spots or broken nails. Their mood is good and so is their appetite. Help! They look pathetic... :(
***Melissa***

Re: Dogs are limping

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I'm sorry, I have no idea what that could be.

Please let us know what your vet said?
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
kralicki

Post by kralicki »

Hi!
One guy got better. He had a cut in his pad from a chestnut but the other guy is limping worse than ever. The vet said that it was arthritis and suggested a suppliment and put him on Deramaxx to manage the pain for now.
I was concerned that his approximate age is only 3 and his limping is so severe. The up-side is that he wants to run, wrestle with his brother, chase squirrels and still jumps on the sofa when he thinks I am not looking. Watching him walk is quite another story. It seems that in an attempt not to bent his elbow, he throws his shoulder forward...it looks so sad for such a young dog that looks to be in such good shape.
Are there any good articles on arthritis and any suggestions for a suppliment? They all claim to be the best and if we have another 10 years to go...he needs a good one.
Thanks.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I give Bonnie http://www.cortaflex.com/k9cope.html, you can get it in liquid form as well, it made a big difference to Ellie, she became more active. I take it myself and I can do a lot more and the pain has greatly reduced. I recommended it to a friend for her JRT, he is back to being a typical, naughty JRT :lol:

I have tried many things for myself but none have worked nearly as well as Cortaflex.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
kralicki

Post by kralicki »

I ordered it last night! Thank you!!
runlikethewind

Post by runlikethewind »

Also keep them underweight ie very slender in order to keep excess weight off the bones. I use Cortaflex capsules too.
kralicki

Post by kralicki »

to Mattie and runlike the wind...I cannot thank you enough!!!
I ordered the Cortaflex and started Rocky on it right away. It has been 4 days of the "load" dose and I cannot believe the difference it has made. There is still a slight limp when he wakes and after wrestling with his brother but walking, running and climbing stairs are almost totally normal!!!!! He went on a 3 mile mountain trail this morning and loved every minute of it! (mostly because it was loaded with squirrels!)
I hate to sound like a commercial but WOW! :D