MY DOG IS HAVING NIGHTMARES??

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

vs_carlie

MY DOG IS HAVING NIGHTMARES??

Post by vs_carlie »

I think that my carlie is having nightmares sometimes when he is sleeping. he starts to breath quickly and he barks not loud but like he is very stressed at this time. after one or two minuits he stops. Is my dog stressed or something or this is normal?
runlikethewind

Re: MY DOG IS HAVING NIGHTMARES??

Post by runlikethewind »

My dog does this too. He starts to breath really heavily, then lets out little high pitch barks. He doesn't wake up terrified. I think it's cute and funny. I think he is probably dreaming of the day out in the woods.
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Quite normal. If one of mine seems very agitated, I speak to him/her gently. Never touch a sleeping dog.

What fascinates me is when tiny pups dream - they can't hear, they can't see, they can't run, but they dream. Of what? I'd love to know.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Fundog

Post by Fundog »

Shortly after we brought Dottie home, she had what we believe to be "nightmares:" very distressed, agitated whimpering and startling easily, even trembling. After she had been with us for several weeks, this sleeping behavior changed to happy yips and running motions. She is a much more relaxed dog when she is asleep now, and actually sleeps very, very deeply now. 8)
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
vs_carlie

Post by vs_carlie »

ok thanks!from these i understand that he is only dreaming.nothing to worry about :D