Limits on Playing

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BlueFightingCat

Limits on Playing

Post by BlueFightingCat »

I read somewhere in one of the puppy books (can't remember which one) that you shouldn't allow your puppy to play with other dogs more than 3 times a week. In our case when I say play our Ella usually loves wrestling with other dogs in good old fashioned "terrier" style. Sometimes it can look quite rough even though tails are always wagging with joy.

I was wondering how true this is. Should we limit the amount of time our Ella plays with other dogs? Will too much play time somehow stress her out (even though it looks like tons of fun). Of course we will give her exercise in other forms such as long walks, running in the park, training etc. Also we let her meet other dogs but in a more controlled fashion to ensure she is well socialized.

BFC
***Melissa***

Re: Limits on Playing

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I think your post was missed, so I'm bumping this. Sure someone will answer soon :D
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams