Cookie Is Loosing Weight! Update And Question.

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

ChubbyPuppy74

Cookie Is Loosing Weight! Update And Question.

Post by ChubbyPuppy74 »

I made a post a while ago asking how to get my dog to loose weight. Cookie has lost 5 pounds. She looks really good you can see her curves now and looks almost normal. I have been feeding her some veggies and has cut down a tiny bit on her food. I also have been doing agility with her in the back yard. She looks allot happier.

Again with the nail question i posted earlier. Cookie is constantly licking her nail witch i believe is only the quik is showing. It has been a while since the accident has happened and does not show any sign of growing back. Do you think this would ever grow back or would she have no nail?
Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog. ~Franklin P. Jones

Nettle

Re: Cookie Is Loosing Weight! Update And Question.

Post by Nettle »

First of all, WELL DONE :D BIIIIG bunch of flowers for YOU for getting Cookie's weight under control.

With the nail - sometimes they grow back, sometimes they never do, sometimes they grow back damaged so at a funny angle or just a tip grows back. I have had dogs with every variety of this, and none of it is bad as long as the nail is kept short if it grows back at a strange angle. My dog that has this gets that nail filed down and it is no trouble.

Nails do take months and months to grow back. Let Cookie lick her nail: she's keeping it clean.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS