Sudden decrease in puppy eliminating.

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Zeldacorgi

Sudden decrease in puppy eliminating.

Post by Zeldacorgi »

I'm pretty sure I'm approaching being known as the poop lady with all the poop questions I have. :lol:

So it seems this week that Zelda has had a drop off in the number of times and amount she poops. Last week, we could time her to every 3 hours, then suddenly, we're lucky if she goes every 5 hours. It looks fine, but I find it a little odd how quickly her "routine" has changed. She's not showing any signs of being ill. We did finally finish up her mix of Solid Gold and Petcurean and started her on just Petcurean food this week, so we were thinking maybe that explained it? We were also thinking that perhaps we need to up her feeding, that the amount we were feeding is no longer enough.

Reminder, she is 4.5 months old and doing very well with potty training. I really don't have any concerns other than this change has made it much more difficult to time when she needs to go outside. Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated.
Nettle

Re: Sudden decrease in puppy eliminating.

Post by Nettle »

Better to ask than to be concerned. Never be afraid of asking us. :)

The change of food is probably the key to this - there is likely to be less filler in the new food. Therefore less waste.

As far as quantity goes, use your eyes and hands. Too thin=more food, too fat=less food, and that really is all there is to it.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS