Touch of the runs

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

CapellaM44

Touch of the runs

Post by CapellaM44 »

Hi all. My dog is Bullet a 100 lb border collie/blue healer/mutt. He was out playing last night and I caught him eating some unknown weeds. I stopped play shortly after, and didn't think much of it, as Bullet eats almost everything. (I think he's part lab) The weeds are in our yard so no worries of them being poisoned. Yet 24 hours later he started to develop a case of the runs. He's eating normally, drinking normally (Actually more I think) and has average activity levels. Mind you he's been inside with me since the runs started so I can't tell if he's tired from daily activity, or sick. In other words, he's acting normal for this time of night.

Now I did give him some yogurt with dinner because of the good bacteria. This has helped in the past, but wanted to know if there is anything else we should do. I know if it doesn't clear up by tomorrow early afternoon we'll be taking a trip to the vet, but just want to know if there's something I'm missing or something I should be on the look out for.

Thanks
Zeldacorgi

Re: Touch of the runs

Post by Zeldacorgi »

Sounds like you're on it. I might also try soaking his kibble in some water before feeding for a couple days.
Nettle

Re: Touch of the runs

Post by Nettle »

I would imagine he ate the greens because he had stomach ache. Most dogs are very good at self-medicating.

Keep him hydrated, and he should work through this with his own immune system, but if you are in any doubt, take him to the vet.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS