Not herself at agility....

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Wicket

Re: Not herself at agility....

Post by Wicket »

Update:
Her knee and energy has improved in the last couple of days. Her knee doesn't feel as swollen. She's acting more like her frisky self, but unfortunately, the constipation symptoms are on and off. I've been giving one cut up her boiled baby carrot each night to increase her fiber along with her Wellness kibble.

Does anyone else have any recommendations for this digestive problem?
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Do this when your dog can get outside at a moment's notice as it is sometimes rather -er - quick-acting :wink:

A tablespoonful of olive oil mixed with two tablespoonsful of natural bio-active yoghurt. Most dogs will just lick this up.
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

Update:

I've been slowly getting her back into exercise and she seemed to be doing better. I brought out the practice jumps and set it to 4 inches (she normally jumps eight). We did a couple run through and she was happy to go with no trouble for awhile. My chi-poo became distracted and upon further examination, her hip was tender again. I've helping out at agility trials for the past two days and I'm worried she'll never do agility again. My Mom is now suggesting she go to the vet now that my chi-poo is acting healthy....*sigh*