Eye Discharge

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

Mattie

Re: Eye Discharge

Post by Mattie »

Could your mum and dad go with you to see just how much Cuddles enjoys her trips to the park?
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Mattie wrote:Could your mum and dad go with you to see just how much Cuddles enjoys her trips to the park?
Hi Mattie,

Well, my Mom mentioned too me that when it gets cooler maybe in September she would love to go to the park with me. She is older and has had major surgery so she has to be careful. However, walking in the park would be great exercise for her and she knows how much Cuddles loves the park.

I tell her all the story's that happen when we both go. Cuddles is such a sweet dog and she loves to play with the other dog, but, the most rewarding experience is this elder lady who was just sitting in the park by herself. She is thin and seemed to have a medical suttering problem.

Anyhow she adored Cuddles and just fell in love with her and thanked me for actually sharing Cuddles with her. I felt honored that she got such pleasure out of petting Cuddles. Sometimes people are lonely and have no one to go to and if my little Cuddles made this person feel good then that in itself is worth taking her back.

Over our three weeks I got to know this lady enough to ask her name as well, there is such great rewards in walking my Cuddles!!!

Now, on the other hand my Dad is the one with anxiety issue who thinks the park is dangerous, and that dogs can pick up disease, etc, etc, He doesn't like me walking her at all, but, this doesn't do any justice for Cuddles.

He just wants her to play in the house and the be a nice doggie. I tried to explain that Cuddles loves the out doors and isn't like their preivous dogs...

Hopefully, my Mom will work on him to make him realize that it's okay. The park is only 5 min. away from the house and it is clean!!! Cuddles also loves the beautiful duck pond as well....

Thanks for your support and help!!!

Kalo
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

I don't think a dog can pick up a disease just from taking a walk in the park unless some other dog is sick and it's kind of like saying you can catch a disease in school but that doesn't stop you from going to school, so it shouldn't stop you from being able to take your dog to the park. I agree with Mattie. You should take your parents to the park to see just how it is and maybe introduce them to the nice lady :)
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

DogzRule1996 wrote:I don't think a dog can pick up a disease just from taking a walk in the park unless some other dog is sick and it's kind of like saying you can catch a disease in school but that doesn't stop you from going to school, so it shouldn't stop you from being able to take your dog to the park. I agree with Mattie. You should take your parents to the park to see just how it is and maybe introduce them to the nice lady :)
Well, I was walking Cuddles 7 days a week for about 45 min. or so. Today I convinced my Mom to let me take her because in the mornings she is so hyper. Which is natural being that she is only one years old and slept for 8 hours :)

I play with her, but, play time isn't enough she needs to burn that energy and the only way is buy running her in the park and let her run up those hills.

Any how I took her today and seriously I was sort of paranoid. I was afraid when she was sniffing grounds etc. and we only stayed out there for a 1/2 hour...I am sorry all this will disapate once I realize that she didn't get sick from the park...

Thanks again

Kalo
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

What did your mom think about walking her today?
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

DogzRule1996 wrote:What did your mom think about walking her today?
Hi DogzRule1996,

I walked her yesterday (Monday) and I am now on my guard becauseI don't want her eye infection coming back. That would or sure end our walks in the park.

As for my Mom she asked that I walk her every other day instead of every day. Okay, well, i met her comprise and agreed. So tomorrow I will walk her again. In the meantime I susbsitute her walks with letting her outside first thing in the morning and I play fetch with her. Not as great as walking and romping in the park, but, oh well.

Thanks for your reply!

Kalo
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

That is a big concession from your mum Kalo, well done, hopefully you will be able to build on that gradually. :D
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

How sensible of you. Compromise always keeps negotiation possible.

Mattie and I posted the same thing at the same time :lol:
A dog is never bad or naughty - it is simply being a dog

SET YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Thanks Nettle and Mattie!

You know I am always open and willing to comprise and that's all i ever wanted. Hopefully when the weather starts to get to get cooler my Mom can walk with us. She said would love too....

Thanks again...

Kalo
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Well that's a HUGE success - well done! Break out the cybercake and wine :D

DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Hey what about the cyberJUICE for the kids :lol:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

Cyberjuice it is :D and cyber chocolate cake!

DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Let's also get some cybericecream and cyberPUNCH :lol:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Nettle

Post by Nettle »

You'll get a cyber bellyache and cyberspots :shock:

DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Then let's ALSO bring in the cybermedicine and cyberdoctor :mrgreen:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)