Eye Discharge

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

wvvdiup1

Re: Eye Discharge

Post by wvvdiup1 »

With Fundog's "Personal Trainer on Four Legs" and all these "Cyber Parties", "Cyber Picnics", and "Cyber BBQ's", it's no wonder why we talk about exercising and losing weight with our dogs as our trainers! :lol:

Gee, I'm hungry...! :lol:

You know, I think we can go somewhere with this, such as a new show on "Animal Planet." Got any ideas for the name of this new show? :lol:
"Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius." -author unknown
DogzRule1996

Post by DogzRule1996 »

Uhmm... Eat More, Weigh More :lol: :lol: :lol: just kidding uhmm.... let's see... Cyberparties, Cyberweightloss? :? What about AMERICA'S OBESITY HAS GONE TO THE DOGS: SOLUTIONS TO LOSE WEIGHT wait that sounds more like some book :twisted:
(¯`'•.¸(¸.•'´ ¯)
♫♪(¯` ¸(¯`'•.¸**¸.•'´¯)¸.• ¯)♫♪
(¯`'•. --=-_Stop Animal Cruelty Now!_-=-- `'• .¸_)
(_¸-_(_¸.•'´*♫♪♫♪*`'•.¸_)`'• .¸_)
(._¸.•'´`'• .Â.=-¸_)
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Ugh, guys and gals

Cybercake, cyberparties, are great, but, today, I was the day I didn't get to walk Cuddles and man, she was not a happy girl. She woke me up at 5:30 a.m. this morning...I let her out and tried playing fetch in which she did for about 10 min. then she got soooo bored.

It's because she has sooo much energy in the mornig. She really wanted her walk. Anyhow I tried playing some more with her and I was doing garden work outside when she started getting the bushes and pulling branches and digging.

My Mom is still sleeping and my Dad does his at home business and doesn't have time so it's up to me to have to deal with all this. I am not complaining, but around 7:00 a.m. I got so desperate that I knocked on my Mom's bedroom door and asked her if I can take her for her walks and she said no, remember one day on one day off...

Well, after her mischievious deeds in the back yard (I realize it's not her fault) she throws up because she must of ate something outside, but the wierd part was she tried to eat her throw up :o She's never done that before....

Walking her everyday really does help...Oh, well, maybe I'll be able to do it again soon...I don't mind driving her to the park in the morning....It's only 5 min. away..

Well, still I guess that fact that my Mom agrees that I can walk her every other day is okay, but this poor little thing sleep all day afterwards...My heart sometimes breaks....

Thanks again...

Kalo
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Can you put up a small agility course for her, little jumps, barely off the ground, tunnels, things to walk on etc. This may help on the days she doesn't go for her walks.
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Mattie wrote:Can you put up a small agility course for her, little jumps, barely off the ground, tunnels, things to walk on etc. This may help on the days she doesn't go for her walks.
Hi Mattie!

We have pipe drains that my Dad installed for when it rains outside (we have moonsoon season) and when I play fetch wit her I try to make her jump over the pipe drains and she is sooo goofy :) as she'll sometimes want to jump over them, but, most the time she'll go under like she is lazy :D

As for an agility course no way would my Dad put one up in the backyard :( The good news is we have a place called Dog Training and you can rent it out for $10.00 a half hour and they have all those cool agility stuff. $20.00 will get you an hour and I would love to take her, but, I am out of work...

When I start working again, I will for sure take her there...

Mattie, thanks so much for your input...

Kalo
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

Teach her to jump over the pipe drains on command, when she is running free she has a choice to jump or go under, teach her to jump them and she may be more inclined to jump. :lol:
[url=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/PIXIE.jpg][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v312/Nethertumbleweed/th_PIXIE.jpg[/img][/url]
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Mattie wrote:Teach her to jump over the pipe drains on command, when she is running free she has a choice to jump or go under, teach her to jump them and she may be more inclined to jump. :lol:
I will try that...Today, and this could be my imagination...But, she was hyper....She was digging like crazy and then she started chewing on plants.

Which is not like her do that. I just hope she is happy...I know she missed her walks and my Dad had just told me that I am teaching her bad things.

Oh, well...I'll try the best I can...

Thanks Mattie!!1

Kalo
Wicket

Post by Wicket »

Kalo, do you have a clicker and a box? You might want to try 101 Things to do with a box with Cuddles on non-walking days.
Mattie

Post by Mattie »

I think your dad needs to come and join us, we can be very gentle as well as direct. :lol:
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

Wicket wrote:Kalo, do you have a clicker and a box? You might want to try 101 Things to do with a box with Cuddles on non-walking days.
This is a great idea. I play 101 things with Murphy a lot. He loooooves boxes. As soon as I put one on the floor he's trying everything to see what'll get him a treat! Put his foot in, put his face in, push with his nose...find a toy so he can throw it in the box... :lol:

It'll be great fun for you, I second that suggestion.
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Mattie wrote:I think your dad needs to come and join us, we can be very gentle as well as direct. :lol:
Mattie, I agree, however, my Dad isn't intersted in forums and to be honest (without dissing him) he is STUBORN and seriously, Victoria Stilwell couldn't even convince him that what I am doing isn't wrong. My parents have owned 4 dogs before Cuddles and none of them ever saw a park.

Our last dog who was also a resecue dog lived to be 17 years and she was mixed with cocker spaniel and schauzer?? She NEVER liked going anywhere as she had anxiety.

I keep trying to tell him that Cuddles loves walking more than anything. We went on our walk today and she had a ball. She met her friend Grady who is a wheaton terrier and she just played lots with him. In also run her up hills as well and we also do our walks too.

Right now as I am typing this Cuddles is contented and she is sleeping right next to me. I have tried to explain to both parents the difference when she is walked. No more restlessness :D

My Dad doesn't like her walking beause he lives in FEAR!!! FEAR, that she'll get sick from the park...FEAR that something will happen to me and Cuddles,

While all those possiblities might or may not happen I am not going to stop living life! It's not fair to Cuddles not to have her walks. So in general his stuborness is based on his fear.

My Mom is different and more open and I talk to her all the time about this forum and tell her all the wonderful advise I get from all of you!!
Wicket wrote:Kalo, do you have a clicker and a box? You might want to try 101 Things to do with a box with Cuddles on non-walking days.
Wicket, since Cuddles had the eye infection both parents THREW OUT my training treats and I have not been able to work with Cuddles :( She was doing so well with training. I am not sure how I would motiative her with clicker training and or clicker box without treats...I am defiently going to check clicker and a box! Sounds good and maybe I won't have to give her treats....
Noobs wrote:
This is a great idea. I play 101 things with Murphy a lot. He loooooves boxes. As soon as I put one on the floor he's trying everything to see what'll get him a treat! Put his foot in, put his face in, push with his nose...find a toy so he can throw it in the box... :lol:

It'll be great fun for you, I second that suggestion.
Sounds like fun, but, I am going to have to figure what I am going to do treat wise as I said the Parents threw out all my training treats :( Murphy sounds so cute!!!

Thanks for all the advise and I'll try the clicker and a box. i'll be checking out the link you all suggested!

Thanks Kalo
Noobs

Post by Noobs »

I don't know that you can use the clicker without pairing it with treats. Can you give Cuddles her dinner as the treats? Murphy is happy to do clicker training with his kibble. I only use cheese or meat when we're doing something else like doing his nails or outside when there are distractions and triggers.
Kalo

Post by Kalo »

Noobs wrote:I don't know that you can use the clicker without pairing it with treats. Can you give Cuddles her dinner as the treats? Murphy is happy to do clicker training with his kibble. I only use cheese or meat when we're doing something else like doing his nails or outside when there are distractions and triggers.
Hi Noobs,

I can try her canned food. Cuddles probably won't do it if it's her dry food, but, maybe the canned food she will. We currently give her Dr. Hills/Prescription ID (canned) and mixed with IAMS.

My training treats were the natural chicken and oatmeal....

Oh, and I got a call from the Vet and she wants me to bring Cuddles in for a follow up check up on her eyes. So far and I am crossing my fingers her eyes are back to normal...

Thanks Again,

Kalo