Gypsy is 'Huffing'

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

BCMumto3

Gypsy is 'Huffing'

Post by BCMumto3 »

For the last couple of weeks Gypsy has been making this 'huffing' noise , its hard to describe , it sounds like she's short of breath and trying to dry cough ... this can happen 5 - 6 times a day or not at all

She's her normal bouncy , energetic self, she's alert , eating well , eyes , ears and mouth look good , poo is normal & all her vaccs and worming etc are up to date

the last couple of days she hasnt done it at all , but i've made her an appointment to see the vet anyway , more for my piece of mind than anything else , my OH thinks im just throwing money at the vets for no good reason , but he knows im not willing to compromise when it comes to my dogs so he's leaving work early to take us there

Neither Toffee nor Teddy are huffing/coughing or show any signs of starting to
BCMumto3

Re: Gypsy is 'Huffing'

Post by BCMumto3 »

Saw the vet , he gave her a full check-up , says her heart & lungs are in perfect condition , he's very impressed with her healthwise
He said it could be an allergy to pollen or dust & just see how she goes on (I told him she hasnt 'huffed' over the weekend)

I explained how we do sometimes get snails and slugs in the garden and asked about lungworm ... he agreed that prevention is better than cure so treated her for that

So my little girl is in tip-top shape , yay
emmabeth

Re: Gypsy is 'Huffing'

Post by emmabeth »

Yay - always best to get these things checked out and I am glad shes ok!
West Midlands based 1-2-1 Training & Behaviour Canine Consultant