compost and grass

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

meggit

compost and grass

Post by meggit »

buddy has now taken to eating the compost from my planters and is constantly eating grass is this any thing to worry about i can stop the compost eating by emptying the planters thats no big problem but someone told me that they only do this when there is something missing from there diet. Buddy is raw feed combination of lamb/pork ribs, chicken wings and offal twice a week he does have veggie cubes every day but dosnt allways eat them he has raw carrot to chew on and large meaty bones at least once a week
***Melissa***

Re: compost and grass

Post by ***Melissa*** »

I don't know about the compost eating, but as far as I know grass eating is fine. When we don't get around to mowing our lawn, and the grass are long-ish, both Striker & Bibi will eat grass. When the grass is short, they don't eat it :roll: :lol:
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams
meggit

Post by meggit »

buddy eats it short or long hes not fussed was just thinking if its not bad for him i wonder if i could get him to crop the whole lawn would save me from having to mow it :lol:
***Melissa***

Post by ***Melissa*** »

Ooo, if you find a way to teach him that, let me know too :lol:
There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams