help please

Discussion dedicated to promoting the well-being of your dog through diet, exercise and general health tips.

Moderators: emmabeth, BoardHost

jana_l_s

help please

Post by jana_l_s »

My dog has been suffering from reoccuring diarhea. I have taken her to two different vets and the vet i am currently seeing has her on one more treatment if it does not work then they will send me to uga vet hospital for more testing. They cant tell me what is causing it so i am kind of in the dark. My concern is if it is a virus then she could be getting it from me walking her in my neighborhood. I dont wont to stop walkng her but if she is getting it from her walk i will need to stop. she enjoys her daily walks so much i hate to keep her cooped up in the house and backyard. Do you have any suggestons. I know she is not getting it from my house because I have her on special food prescribed by the vet i keep the cat food on the kitchen table and my cats litter box is the bouda dome wth the ramp so she cant get in. I also keep by backyard scooped. If anybody has any suggestions as far as excercising her it will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
Fundog

Re: help please

Post by Fundog »

Can you drive her to somewhere else to walk? Do you have any great nature trails/jogging paths in your community?
If an opportunity comes to you in life, say yes first, even if you don't know how to do it.
jana_l_s

Re: help please

Post by jana_l_s »

we do have some parks and nature trails i could take her there but I would need to find out if they allow dogs. I will call around and check. We do have a dog park and i took her there one time but i felt very uncomfortable because she is a small dog and they had a lot of big dogs running loose. She has no fear of other dogs and will jump all over them playing. I do have family and friends who have dogs she used to play with but now they do not want her to play with them which is understanble in case she has a virus.